Black Powder News

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Reaction score
Got an email today from Main Powder House regarding Goex. Here is a portion of it:

Yes, in case you have not heard, GOEX production date was pushed back again.

GOEX dealers were informed the new projected production date is end of June. If they are able to make this happen, this means they will not start shipping product out to dealers until earliest August. GOEX has also informed us prices will be going up, but they have yet to give us a new price list.

Schuetzen and Swiss containers are here in the US, however their prices have gone up 17% and 22% respectively. This price increase was a surprise to all of us...including the distributor. Current prices listed as of the date of this email DO NOT reflect the 17% & 22% increases.

Maine Powder House current inventory on black powder is very low. I will be working with the Schuetzen/Swiss distributor on a new order, however it will be a limited order due to the anticipation of GOEX getting back in business sometime this fall.

It strikes me that many things he mentioned seem to me to reflect Estes management's familiarity with serving an enthusiast-based, club-oriented, specialty market. A very good thing.
In the video he kept mentioning the CEO. I don't know anything about the company before change of ownership, I was wondering if company management stayed the same. That would explain their history with the muzzle loading community.

The video linked above in Post #2 above is very interesting. First, I had never heard of the parent company "Estes Energetics" and had no idea they owned Goex (just bought some late last year for doing electronic ejections). If you peruse the Estes Energetics site, it seems they offer a lot more than just BP motors. Based on their product offerings, they also design (and fabricate?) rocket motors/propellants--looking at their markets, I find it difficult to believe they are using BP formulations in all those products. I wonder if they intend to remain an upstream supplier only or venture into the hobby/consumer APCP market at some point... I don't think that is where the money is at (compared with aerospace/commericial), but I'm sure the hobby/consumer market makes up a decent chunk of Aerotech's revenue.

motors/propellants--looking at their markets, I find it difficult to believe they are using BP formulations in all those products. I wonder if they intend to remain an upstream supplier only or venture into the hobby/consumer APCP market at some point...

There’s been a good bit of discussion on both topics- the Goex purchase and the big motor possibility.

Here’s a neat bit of info, but don’t count on it coming our way:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/nar-s-t-new-estes-motor-certified-l2350.170499/

Update- Goex says they were shipping to distributors at the end of 2023 and will continue shipping in 2024.

Back