Hi Everyone! I am new in this Forum

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antonio

Reaction score
First of all, let me wish you all a happy new 2024.

Let me introduce myself: my name is Antonio and I am from Madrid (Spain). At the present time, I am a physics teacher in a secondary school in Spain.

My students really love rocketry, and although we are already participating in some NASA and ESA programs through water and air pressure devices, I found my students become more interested when I use ESTES (or the like) commercial rockets for obvious reasons.

I plan to develop in the future MYP5 course through a rocket project-based activity including projectile (parabollic) motion.

In order to support the parabollic motion lessons, I would ideally like to put an altimeter inside the rockett with a data logger (even more ideally real-time communication with a PC), that may enable us to retrieve the data and get a visual graph in order to study the physics behind the rocket motion.

I am not interested (for the time being) in complicate electronics although I have a very basic knowledge of Arduino. I would like to get an inexpensive, easy to assemble and/or weld and robust solution.

Any help or ideas would be most welcome!

Let me once more express you all my best wishes for 2024 and my gratitude for taking time in reading this post,

Antonio

First of all, let me wish you all a happy new 2024.

Let me introduce myself: my name is Antonio and I am from Madrid (Spain). At the present time, I am a physics teacher in a secondary school in Spain.

My students really love rocketry, and although we are already participating in some NASA and ESA programs through water and air pressure devices, I found my students become more interested when I use ESTES (or the like) commercial rockets for obvious reasons.

I plan to develop in the future MYP5 course through a rocket project-based activity including projectile (parabollic) motion.

In order to support the parabollic motion lessons, I would ideally like to put an altimeter inside the rockett with a data logger (even more ideally real-time communication with a PC), that may enable us to retrieve the data and get a visual graph in order to study the physics behind the rocket motion.

I am not interested (for the time being) in complicate electronics although I have a very basic knowledge of Arduino. I would like to get an inexpensive, easy to assemble and/or weld and robust solution.

Any help or ideas would be most welcome!

Let me once more express you all my best wishes for 2024 and my gratitude for taking time in reading this post,

Antonio
Hi Antonio! I am also new here, but have seen at least one channel on YouTube that shares info on a home made nose cone altimeter. I will try to locate it for you.

:welcome:to the forum.Post up pictures of your launches and students for us.
Hi Hobie1dog, attached you can see some launches in different locations within our school. Unfortunately, it is illegal to post students pictures without the consent of their legal tutors, so I am unable to do so.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-01 at 18.21.16.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-01 at 18.21.16.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Video 2024-01-01 at 18.18.17.mp4
    5.6 MB
  • WhatsApp Video 2024-01-01 at 18.18.15.mp4
    1.3 MB
Shipping from the US can be steep. Eggtimer has kits for altimeters and flight computers designed specifically for rockets. The Quark kit is under $30 but shipping looks to be around $40. If you know someone in the states who has a contract with UPS or FedEx you might be able to get them to ship it less expensively.

Back