Hello!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copperthermite

Reaction score
Hello! I am an undergraduate student who was introduced to high-powered rocketry from a childhood friend. I am still working on my L1 and hope I can get a day off from work to drive up for my certification flight.

My background consists of programming and robotics. I competed in regional competitions for high school and mentored a couple teams in the past. My interest with rocketry naturally started with avionics and being fascinated by flight controllers, trackers, altimeters, or data acquisition system projects. TVC has always appealed to me as a long term goal. I'm now realizing I missed most of the big picture, learning in the wrong order and burning out from confusion. I've shifted towards being more curious about more hands-on aspects such as working with composite materials or propellants. I don't know where that interest will lead, but I look forward to the journey.

As an aside, I'm always looking for good reading. I found the_mell0nator's list from posted not too long ago, if you all know any books, papers, or posts regarding electronics for rocketry, please share them with me. I have seen several videos online, and anything explaining more of the "why" before "how" would be nice.

Nice to meet you!

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are hungry for knowledge! You have some great hobbies/experiences - robotics has to be totally fun from start to finish! :)

Not a book about electronics per say, but NASA astronaut Mike Massimino just released another book. Sounds like a good read to me - more entertainment then science.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are hungry for knowledge! You have some great hobbies/experiences - robotics has to be totally fun from start to finish! :)

Not a book about electronics per say, but NASA astronaut Mike Massimino just released another book. Sounds like a good read to me - more entertainment then science.
Thanks for the recommendation, I will add it to my list. Last time I read about NASA was Lori Garver's book on how much the space industry has changed, it would be nice to read from his personal experience.

Now that you mention it, I could say a lot about my favorite space books, but I'm overdue for rereading them hahaha.

Latest posts

Back