Hi, I still exist \o/

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Co-leader of the LRP

stability is overrated
Reaction score
Well, it feels like it's been more than a couple of years since I last did rockets but apparently not. A lot has changed though. For example, I'm technically no longer "co-leader" since it's just me now, although I don't think you can be a leader of a group of 1 :p (or you can just look and see how 14/15-year-old-me's messages barely made sense half the time) (pls don't though)
Anyways, I decided to dig out my old rockets and launch them today since I remembered (correctly :D) that this was fun. Three almost-perfect launches, although only two good recoveries... another sacrifice to the tree gods, I suppose. I guess I'll have to update my account signature...
View attachment DSC01723.jpgView attachment DSC01783.jpg
unfortunately the camera's autofocus decided to focus more on the background for the astra so I guess that's the only photo I have of it, oops

Last edited:
Well, it feels like it's been more than a couple of years since I last did rockets but apparently not. A lot has changed though. For example, I'm technically no longer "co-leader" since it's just me now, although I don't think you can be a leader of a group of 1 :p (or you can just look and see how 14/15-year-old-me's messages barely made sense) (pls don't though)
Anyways, I decided to dig out my old rockets and launch them today since I remembered (correctly :D) that this was fun. Three almost-perfect launches, although only two good recoveries... another sacrifice to the tree gods, I suppose. I guess I'll have to update my account signature...
View attachment 612452View attachment 612453
unfortunately the camera's autofocus decided to focus more on the background for the astra so I guess that's the only photo I have of it, oops
We can all have a laugh ridiculing our 15-year-old selves. Welcome back!

Too bad about your Astra. What motor did you load in it?

A B4-4, I had two of those and an A8-3 left over from before.
The wind picked up right about the time I launched it. I think for next time after seeing which direction the wind is going I’ll move closer to the edge of the field the opposite way so it has as much room as possible.

A B4-4, I had two of those and an A8-3 left over from before.
The wind picked up right about the time I launched it. I think for next time after seeing which direction the wind is going I’ll move closer to the edge of the field the opposite way so it has as much room as possible.
That, or adjust your recovery system. Or down-power it.

Back