OFFICIAL BBQ/Grilling Pictures Thread!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hawaiian Luau method generally requires a skilled Hawaiian to do it right, I've seen a couple of Luau disasters from people who "knew" how to do a pig luau style. A good luau pig tho is hard to beat, only thing close might be a southern "pig pickin" where the whole pit is slow roasted on a rotisserie.

HaHa..
That's a really cool pic Joe...
Yep,, that's the truth,,
It doesn't get any better n that.......

Teddy

Here's a couple of racks of ribs and a couple of smoked Canadian Loin Back Sausages I cooked up a few years ago. Also a plate of pork candy.

IMG_0946.jpgIMG_2574.JPG

Currently smoking some ribs as I type this. It smells sooo good. I'll post another picture when they're done.
20150516_165537.jpg

No pics but did some blackened Talapia and "Smokehouse" & pesto red potatoes for dinner tonight. Yum!

Made some "Backyard Chicken". I boiled the chicken first to make sure it was fully cooked through then grilled it in my backyard fireplace.

Cookin' Chicken 2015-05-16 001.jpgCookin' Chicken 2015-05-16 003.jpg

This is what I did last weekend. The tandoor is a British redneck affair made from flower pots. The snack sticks don't really fit in the BBQ / grill category but I mixed them up from scratch and smoked them!

1431874628420.jpg

1431874645327.jpg

This is what I did last weekend. The tandoor is a British redneck affair made from flower pots. The snack sticks don't really fit in the BBQ / grill category but I mixed them up from scratch and smoked them!

Ken that just looks fantastic...
I'd love to see some more pics of the terracotta stack ?? If that's what you made there ??

Teddy

:cool:This is all I need for these 2 Top Sirloins. They are going in a large ziplock with Hawaiian marinade-sea salt and a little tabasco for 12hrs . Then BBQ on my Kingsford charcoal grill for about 8mins each side. At 8mins they have released from the grill and ready to flip. Pink and juicy middle and seared perfectly on the outside. I get that Kingsford charcoal fully fired up to use for 16-20mins cook time. Its worth the time and briquettes. We also use one of those metal cans and 2 pieces of news paper to start the charcoal-

100_1663.jpg

:cool:This is all I need for these 2 Top Sirloins. They are going in a large ziplock with Hawaiian marinade-sea salt and a little tabasco for 12hrs . Then BBQ on my Kingsford charcoal grill for about 8mins each side. At 8mins they have released from the grill and ready to flip. Pink and juicy middle and seared perfectly on the outside. I get that Kingsford charcoal fully fired up to use for 16-20mins cook time. Its worth the time and briquettes. We also use one of those metal cans and 2 pieces of news paper to start the charcoal-

I'll be right over....
What times dinner ???

Teddy

and some older stuff for giggles...
8364043090_906c5e85dc.jpg
8362972859_8b0d9468f3.jpg
8362972627_7dd1c9ff7d.jpg
8689758095_cf77cbe4c9.jpg
13459780525_e1b314538c.jpg
13460141874_169259a2d6.jpg
11285164876_77057a7427.jpg
5778757743_c0718e063e.jpg
8364082642_4e96b2751b.jpg
Mmmmmmmmmmmm, grilled asparagus.!!!!!
I added another 5 feet (4 crowns) to each of my 4 rows. Now they (rows) are about 50~55 foot long.
Is your asparagus home grown?

Last edited:
Mmmmmmmmmmmm, grilled asparagus.!!!!!
I added another 5 feet (4 crowns) to each of my 4 rows. Now they (rows) are about 50~55 foot long.
Is your asparagus home grown?

Man that sounds cool Scotty..
I just finished planting,,
but it's all pot stuff..
My wife took over the spot we used to grown in for ornamental stuff..
You wouldn't believe how big of a pot you need for tomato plants..
The smaller the pot,, the more often you'll be watering them...
I love growing veggies at home,,
Better taste,, great satisfaction...

Teddy

The nice thing about having a small portable grill is that if I'm not too hungry I can just make a single thing with very little hassle.

BBQ HD 2015-05-28 002.jpg

I did the typical brat burn Thursday night here in good ol' Iowa. Got a new Weber charcoal grill over Easter....haven't fired up my Holland gas grill since. I forgot how good charcoal grilled food tastes. I like the Holland for convenience and no burn though and for big roasts. Oh, have a smoker too for those times I want to smoke some pork butt.

Mike

I had the butcher cut 24-26 Oz. ribeyes for me for last weekend. Barely had enough room on the grill for 5!
CIMG4123%20sm.jpg

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1433032641.115701.jpg

steaks,flavored pork loins and hotdogs with the casings. Yum.

This thread is great because it inspires me to go outside and use the grill.
It saves me money since all of my indoor cooking appliances are electric.
I get at least 10 meals out of a single 16.4oz. propane bottle.
It's raining today, but I'm going to cook out anyway.

While at the store this morning I noticed that Boston Butt was on sale for $1.49/lb. Since I had just pulled the last package out of the freezer from the previous batch, I grabbed four.

Time to smoke up some more Renowned Mr. Brown.

One of the wives of the friends from Aerojet that were over said she "wasn't a large red meat fan". Guess who didn't have any leftovers! :)

A bone in Ribeye is my favorite cut.....
A bit on the thick side ,, but not too crazy,, say 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" at most....
Then cooked over very high heat,, preferably an open fire...
Wrap some potatoes in foil and throw em in the coals.....
Make a mix of butter,, salt,, black pepper,, maybe a little garlic powder,,
brush this mix on ears of corn and cook those on the grill as well....

It's the morning and your making me hungry....lol..

Teddy

Teddy

That post reminds me of my Boy Scout days.
We cooked everything in our campfire.
We would use dutch ovens and cast iron cook ware even though it was heavy. We were cooking for the Troop, so it made sense to do it right.
Nothing is better than scambled eggs cooked in the pan right after the bacon comes out. The bacon grease gives the eggs a unique and awesome flavor.

I have a book, Roughing It Easy, that has some good camp cookin' tips. I pretty much use those techniques when camping.

Just purchased a Tri-Tip roast that was on sale and I might get ambitious and cook it today in my Weber Kettle. It's supposed to get up to 103 degrees today, so with the grill in direct sunlight so it could almost cook itself. How do you folks do your Tri-Tips?

Last edited:
While at the store this morning I noticed that Boston Butt was on sale for $1.49/lb. Since I had just pulled the last package out of the freezer from the previous batch, I grabbed four.

Time to smoke up some more Renowned Mr. Brown.

I was disappointed with the last pulled pork I attempted as it turned out kind of dry. That technique sounds like a promising method for me to try.

That post reminds me of my Boy Scout days.
We cooked everything in our campfire.
We would use dutch ovens and cast iron cook ware even though it was heavy. We were cooking for the Troop, so it made sense to do it right.
Nothing is better than scambled eggs cooked in the pan right after the bacon comes out. The bacon grease gives the eggs a unique and awesome flavor.

I have a book, Roughing It Easy, that has some good camp cookin' tips. I pretty much use those techniques when camping.

Me too..
Same...
Do you remember dig a hole 8" deep...
Put biscuit type batter in the dutch oven..
Put the lid on,, put in the hole..
cover the pot with a big pile of hot coals from the fire..
15 minutes or so,, biscuits..........

The other night...
My wife and I get a cut of meat that looks well marbled,, boneless..
Cut it into cubes,, in a Tupperware soak it in whatever you'd like..
Sit around a fire with skewer's,, cook each piece as you like..
Makes for a very long lasting, entertaining dinner....
Super simple and inexpensive........

Teddy

Teddy

Agreed! These above didn't look as good in the photo for some reason, but they were uber tasty. The photo was taken after I lifted to flip, so they had been on the grill 8 mins at 400. They were 1.5" thick, which I agree is ideal. :) The corn (white sweet) was actually on a smaller grill right next to this one. Potatoes ended up being mashed for that meal, so they were inside!

Back