[Thunderstruck] Sympathies to the U of Louisville team

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad to see trouble in such an ambitious project. Better luck next time.

Yes, very sad too see that happen...I had the fortune to spend some time with them and, talk a little about their project. I also provided "Fire Control" at the away cell that day and, was *almost* struck by their Rover when it came in ballistic....but, bounced.

They seemed to be in good spirits about rebuilding all that they recovered. (Thank gosh for all that rain...because that ground was ssssoft.) Plan at the time of Sunday close was to inspect everything, patch and, maybe head to Ohio this weekend for some more testing!

I hope they do it and, i may be in the area too.;)

You see we....enjoy having other Universities test in our field. We want them to feel welcome....We hope that their experience leads to greater and, better things for them personally and, professionally....down the road of life. Right now i feel that im well qualified to make these next comments.

Having dealt with a great team fielded by Purdue University two years ago....and, dealing with the *Fiasco* that it became in the hands of others for last and, this year.:sigh:

"It's REALLY sad that one of the nations TOP Aerospace Engineering Schools (Purdue)....CANNOT field a competitive, devoted team (USLI-wise) and, i have to offer that *I* feel that if needed.......They couldn't even fly a FART successfully.":eek:

Team Louisville....You have my admiration...Now that get that critter fixed and, kick some a$$ this year!:D

Last edited:
Does anyone have video or details on what went wrong? Their recovery method seemed quite complicated. I was disappointed that I didn't get a chance to come down to talk to them about it. Payload deployment was the hardest part of my team's SLI rocket last year.

Back