What do you do for a living?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High school Language Arts teacher.
Currently teaching all seniors: AP literature, English 12, and Capstone (like senior project). I've taught every grade 6-12, from remedial reading to philosophy. Speech, debate, writing, etc. Anything language arts. Been coaching chess every year as well. ACT prep tutor as well.
To pay the bills, I've worked second jobs from pizza chef to video store clerk. Finally finished my masters a few years back so now second jobs are optional.
Maybe someday I'll get my dream job and write speeches for a politician I believe in......

Excellent! I am a little bit surprised there aren't more teachers on the forum.

Currently a full time mechanical engineering student with a part time on campus job.

I'm in the financial industry, answering questions and fixing issues with entries in our corporate database. Had this same job for the past 10 years.

I used to do the same job as you, in the MKE area.. maybe even the same company, although I left 14 years ago.

Now I work as an IS team lead for a mfg. company, supporting the systems that run our factories around the world.

During the week, I'm a petrochem research chemist. For the last 15 years or so, I've been involved in adapting pharmaceutical-type high throughput chemistry to screening materials for refinery operations. I play with wet chem, process chem, automation, robotics, and informatics all at once.

The rest of the time, I run a small hard cider and distilled spirits company.

Where at? Center? Approach? Tower?

Vicariously through my wife...she worked EAFB Tower for six years. She saw some crazy stuff including the space ship for the last time.
Once my kids are old enough she wants to go to LA Center. (Not my job I know but I thought I could respond in lieu of my other [sometimes better] half)

Vicariously through my wife...she worked EAFB Tower for six years. She saw some crazy stuff including the space ship for the last time.
Once my kids are old enough she wants to go to LA Center. (Not my job I know but I thought I could respond in lieu of my other [sometimes better] half)
I was a crew chief on a KC135, and TDY to Eglin in 92 or 1993 and happend to be on the flight line as the shuttle landed. Was this the same year your wife seen it?

I used to work in a "think tank" but now that I'm retired I don't know what to do. :facepalm:

Software engineer, but spend 95% of time troubleshooting issues and the other 5% writing code so the title is a little misleading. We are understaffed and are mainly in fire fighting mode with customer issues instead of product development.

Maybe rockets?

More like "dreamed of hitting the lottery while laying in his jacuzzi" kinda think tank. I'm Ted's official PR agent. I can get you a signed picture of him for $50.......but don't bother him, he's kinda, um, busy. He also made a little something called the Guillotine Fin Alignment Jig. His other hobbies include killing fish and delaminating plywood for fun. I have stories......

More like "dreamed of hitting the lottery while laying in his jacuzzi" kinda think tank. I'm Ted's official PR agent. I can get you a signed picture of him for $50.......but don't bother him, he's kinda, um, busy. He also made a little something called the Guillotine Fin Alignment Jig. His other hobbies include killing fish and delaminating plywood for fun. I have stories......

Stories? Me loves stories!

Oh, my occupation is 1 bed, 1 room, a backpack, and a toilet.
My job is to waste your time and unofficially test the effects of sleep deprivation.

I work as a Water Resources Manager for a small firm. On an annual basis we influence how 50% of the water in the western US is used.

Edward

Engineer for a foundry (owned by a very large international auto manufacturer)

You know those 'chicken rotisserie ovens' you see at Costco, Sam's club, BJs, etc.. I design them.

Actually, I specialize in the heated display cases they're sold on.. And the pizza warmer in the cafeteria in Costco.

Yes, I see a lot of chicken!

Retired telecom manager for the Democratic State of California. Retired Highland Games world champion - throwing sticks and stones. Part-time rocketeer. Part-time shootist. Full-time curmudgeon with 5000 followers on twitter.

My high school guidance counselor was right...I was best suited for retirement.

Systems Engineer (integration and requirements)

I argue with contractor companies to try and make sure their stuff plays well together, then present the results to the customer and convince them that the system works.

*dilbert gets mentioned frequently*

Latest posts

Back