need help cloning the estes Super Vega

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
I need help on the correct fin size for the rocket. I have the template from jim-z. put when printed it is way to big. any help?

Thanks, Fred

make an upscale. Cant you reduce the print size. If you are looking for exact measurements I have an extra kit Im working on. Those fins are giant already I believe 3.5 x body diameter.

Last edited:
The leading edge is exactly 7" surface mount not TTW. This is the super vega not the original vega I assume.

The leading edge is exactly 7" surface mount not TTW. This is the super vega not the original vega I assume.

On Jim's site, there is a "Starship Vega" and the Super Vega. I Googled Vega 1 and got only these two. The plans for the Starship Vega have scaled fin patterns which can easily be scaled up for your Super Vega. I can do that if I knew what size body tube the scaling went to. I'm guessing a BT-60? If there were any TTW fins for a bigger upscale, Estes did not make that (to my knowledge). Someone else must have made a version with TTW fins.

Im lucky I did what I just did. Adding pictures I don't have a clue.

Back