BattlePark is back! Friday the 13th, and 14th & 15th.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did contact Ken and he told me he will be there for the first launch. The web site is a work in progress. You've got to navigate through 47 pages to find the motor you want. Guess I'll bring cash :)

Spoke with Ken Allen/Performance Hobbies this evening.
He told me he is planning on being there all three days.

I reached him at (202) 723 8257
Need motors or kits, ..............give him a call.

I spoke with Ken yesterday at Bayboro. He's planning on a major restock to support, so if there's anything exotic, or something you want that goes fast.....contact him NOW to reserve your stuff.

Just an update, we have refurbished the trailer launcher. It has a uni-strut rail and we are making a 1515 adapter for it. It is now motorized and moves up and down via a remote control, no more lifting the tower! ;)

See you all at BattlePark!

ugh.....I had every intention of coming to the first launch but unfortunately a Fire department training class got scheduled for that whole weekend so hopefully i will be able to get out there next time.

I was just informed by Mitch Guess that the launch this weekend has been canceled. Can anyone else confirm this?

We are having to cancel the launch because the farmer wasn't able to clear the field of corn due to the rain they have received over the last couple of days.

We have a launch scheduled for the second weekend in Nov.

Ben

Thanks Ben, I will come out early next year then, I have to work during the November launch.

That sucks, was going to come on Saturday and the weather would have been perfect.

Due to rain early in the week, the land owner was unable to clear the crops from the field. It's all standing corn.

Our next scheduled launch is November 14 and 15. We will decide in a few days if this will be a three day launch starting on Friday the 13th.

Stay tuned!

That makes it a lot easier to decide between Battlepark and the NOVAAR night launch this weekend! (It's good fun, no high power or sparkies though, although BP's pretty sparky at night.)

BTW Ken's calendar and NOVAAR says he'll be there, not Battlepark. Kevin was planning to be there, some website issues though.

Due to rain early in the week, the land owner was unable to clear the crops from the field. It's all standing corn.

Our next scheduled launch is November 14 and 15. We will decide in a few days if this will be a three day launch starting on Friday the 13th.

Stay tuned!

Well, no one wants to try and find a rocket in high corn...LOL

I was worried about tromping through mud after this rain.
Too bad, got my leave slip signed and took off from work today - and it looks nice and sunny out side today, fall color looks great too for a drive to Culpeper.
Oh well.

November.

Last edited:
Landing in high corn is the easy part...

With two more weeks, perhaps I'll find a way to get my EX hybrid M ready for static test.

Gerald

Landing in high corn is the easy part...

With two more weeks, perhaps I'll find a way to get my EX hybrid M ready for static test.

Gerald

Well, I like walks in the Country as much as the next guy, but trampling through head high corn looking for my investment while hearing other guys rockets going up, all while the day gets shorter, isn't easy to me.

Good luck on the hybrid.
Is that the MD - Ex hybrid?

Last edited:
Well, no one wants to try and find a rocket in high corn...LOL

I was worried about tromping through mud after this rain.
Too bad, got my leave slip signed and took off from work today - and it looks nice and sunny out side today, fall color looks great too for a drive to Culpeper.
Oh well.

November.

I actually had Friday off and ended up going into work for half a day. Works out OK since I'll use those hours to take off Tues. morning for Dr. appointment. Had a pretty good weekend anyway. The wife had the day off too and decided we would take the camper to Westmoreland State Park. Nice weather. Good trails. Found 13 Geocaches. Good campfires. Didn't rain until Sunday morning and we stayed in until it quit before packing up. All in all, not as great as a good rocket launch, but better then moping around the house. :)

OK, the newly scheduled three day launch is on! November 13th, 14th, and 15th.

Keep and eye on the website. The weather and field conditions can be tricky.

We had a fair amount of rain in Richmond this week - any word on the field conditions?

Cheers!

We had a fair amount of rain in Richmond this week - any word on the field conditions?

Cheers!

Not yet. It is supposed to be sunny and windy tomorrow and a 60% chance of light rain Thursday morning with sun in the afternoon.

Keep checking the website is all I can say right now. Friday through Sunday is suppose to be sunny with no chance of rain.

Me too!

I'll be out there tomorrow morning to do set up. Since we got very little rain today I expect the field will be soft but usable tomorrow. It's supposed to be cold, high of 51 deg on Sat and breezy. Wind chills in the 40s. Sunday should be the best day, low 60s with calm winds. The field should also be very dried out by then.

I'm planning on flying my L3 this weekend, but I'm really leaning towards Sunday.

Last edited:
Jeff,

Thanks for the update. I'm planning to come out Sunday with my son. Sounds like the best day of the bunch. Hope we get to see your L3!

Gene, Looking forward to seeing & Luke there.

I think you're probably right, Sunday will be the best weather from a wind and temp prospective.

The field is still in corn stubble but dry, NO MUD! There are a few puddles left in low spots, but even the road going off to the farm is passable without any mud holes. I think most of the puddles will be gone by mid day tomorrow if not sooner.

We have the refurbed trailer launcher set up and ready to go. Ben is working on a 16' 1515 rail to attach to the 20 ft unistrut. He should have that done early Saturday also. Mitch and I are both planning M projects off the trailer on Sunday and I think Ben is planning on using the new 1515 rail on the trailer for one of his rockets with a large K or L.

Ken Allen showed up today also. He will be there all weekend, so bring your money! He has a full inventory and put shelves in his trailer so it's actually organized. (His words) :)

It's going to be a fun weekend at BattlePark.

The field is in good shape, and like Handeman said, there is no mud. I flew my Mega Der Red Max against a cloudless blue sky today.

We are all set up, and all we need are some fliers to come on out and fly some rockets.

See yall out there this weekend!

I'm planning on being there Sunday....Ken has some motors for my Aerotech RC Phoenix - think I'll fly that along with whatever I can cobble together.

I'll be there Sunday. Will be my first time there, I hope there is a vendor selling CTI reloads.

Saturday was lightly attended, but not nearly as windy as expected. We had some great flights. Ivan was back with a Hybrid motor and Mitch launched a research M off the newly refurbished and automated trailer launcher. Sure is nice having it powered up and down instead of doing the Iwo Jima thing.

Ken Allen of Performance Hobbies and Kevin Dunn of Wildman VA were both on the field and will be there Sunday.

BTW, NO Sparkie will be flown this weekend.

Last edited:
Ended up being a very busy weekend, and with all the wind today I decided the launch just wasn't going to happen for me :( Hope you get some nice flights in tomorrow!

Back