Flying at BattlePark this weekend! Friday 10/27 Sunday 10/29

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theory

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
That's right, three full days of flying kick off Friday morning 10/27 at 10:00 and continue through Sunday 10/29.

We are also extending flying on Saturday to 6:00. Weather conditions are looking fantastic, and know we have several fantastic flights scheduled.

If you have not yet registered for the 2023 - 2024 flying season, please do so at www.battlepark.org. Note your full season membership covers all launches, no additional flight fees will be incurred.

Hope to see you all soon!

-Sean

For those attending, please feel free to share any notable flights that you might be planning.

Yours truly will be sending his Estes So-Long on a full send F15 - F15 flight. I will also be taking part in a WM Drago 4 drag race pitting my "EX 1127" against a a fellow members both flying on J800s.

Finally, I will be sending my LOC Precision Caliber ISP on a 2005 vintage Loki I405. This is the old 8 grain version that hits like an absolute sledge hammer. Will pull over 35Gs off the rail.

All of the corn is down, and all of the main fields a 100% clear.

There are some beans in the field behind the flight line, however, they are small (knee high) and will likely have few leaves. These are not the dense hip-high beans we had to deal with last year.

We had a great weekend in Culpeper. The winds were calm and the temperatures were great. We had 160 flights over the 3 days including 2 M motors and 7 L motors. Some photos will be uploaded to the website soon

Our next launch is November 11 & 12. See you there!

Yes, launch! Nice meeting you all. Lots of confirmation flights too. I was one of them, but just on Sunday I think there was at least another 3 or 4. I won’t make the next one, but will try to schedule another one

-Matt greenlaw

Back