CMASS Launch - 19 November, 2022 - Amesbury, MA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The weather isn't looking too good for our scheduled launch on 12 November. Sunday the 13th looks better. I'll be making a decision by Thursday evening about any rescheduling.

All the usual Amesbury rules apply. We'll have NRC flying available and we will cap off the day and the year with a night launch. Glo-stick aren't really bright enough but LED's are great.

Use the Launch Duty link on the website to sign up for volunteer opportunities. As always, we can use your help in setting up and taking down the launch equipment.

Keep an eye on the website for updated launch information.

Due to weather conditions on Saturday, 12 Nov 22, the scheduled CMASS launch will be moved to Sunday, 13 Nov 22.

We'll still be doing the NRC events as well as holding our joint night launch with NORG.

Aaryan's TARC team will be holding a bake sale to raise money for their team. I wonder where they got the idea that CMASS members like baked goods?

Still plenty of spaces left on the Launch Duty sign-up sheet.

And now the rescheduled launch for the 13th is postponed, too. The sun is shining bright on Saturday (unexpected) but the wind is too strong to fly with big gust (expected).

The rain that is moving on Sunday is currently snow in the Midwest so we dodged that annoyance this time. We can't check on using the field until Monday at the earliest. The extended forecast is good for next weekend, dry but cold; can't see what the wind is doing yet.

Keep an eye on the website.

Back