Secret Santa 2014

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Secret Santa sent two altimeter sleds that are made by Landru13 and sold on Etsy.com These are the orange 3D printed components... Thank you very much, these will be put to good use!

So are we supposed to be guessing our SS? IIRC that's what the norm is but this is only my second time...

It was difficult figuring out the whole international shipping thing. Luckily, an email sent to the Sunward store led to a very helpful conversation. I'm glad you like them. :)

Otherwise, I'm here in Maine until January 2nd so I won't be home to check for anything.

Thanks again! Angelo at Sunward is great for customer service. Thank you for going to the trouble of sending to me--I really do look forward to SS each year.

Looks like I'll be the last to open my SS gift. I just found out that I have a box from Performance Hobbies waiting for me at home. Thank you in advance to whomever for whatever it is. :)

A package from Apogee arrived on my doorstep today. It goes "clink" when I tip it... Now what did I ask for that goes "clink"? (edit: I have a guess, but would it be sporting to post it?)

Judging from Papa Elf's list above, I can start to narrow down who my Secret Santa is...

Blackbrandt
codysmith**
Conman13
CzTeacherMan*
djkingsley
DRAGON64
HeavyLight (probably not, as my full name is on the box)
Madison Alum
Moon Knight*
RAHagen**
Salvage-1
Scott Evil*
Stan
Woody's Workshop

Who can it be now? Judging by the time of people's posts, and when the package arrived, I'd say likely candidates are marked with an asterisk. USPS tracking number indicates it departed the vendor on 12/1... Of course, if the sender didn't post that they'd sent it here, then it could be someone else...

hmmm.....

Well, I opened the package today (it was left at home while we traveled for Christmas) and discovered a Aeropack 54/38mm adapter assembly, as well as a Christmas Ornament! Very Cool SS!

The invoice also confirmed who my SS was, and whom I'm happy to announce was one of the initial suspects denoted with the double-asterisk. Thank you Robert Hagen!

Now, to see if my recipient can guess who I am...

Erik

We lost the Web for a few days. Sorry for late posting. Things got mixed up here, so if I don't remember correctly, please correct me.

From my SS: The Launch Pad K050 Dragonfly Kit, Estes Liviathan Pro II :cool: , & Plasma Probe, and a Cool set of Sirius Rocketry Decals.
Guessing Conman13. Only clues are poor ones, shipped about the right time, and I only listed the Liviathan on the thread wish list. Conman13 replied, "Is That All?" I said the were poor clues. :confused2:

As for the "Small" PaPa Elf Surprice Gift; It WAS NOT a 6" piece of vinyl surverors strip in Pink for a streamer!!! :facepalm:

Instead it was a much larger box containing Estes Products: Black Star Voyager, Asteroid Hunter, Astron Strint XL, Cobra, Orange Crunch and Top Shot Rocket kits. Also included was an Estes E Controller (Badly needed) and Altimeter (Also Badly Needed) :jaw:

So Thank You Kindly SS, Whom ever you might be for your generosity!!! :handshake:

And a Special Thank You to PaPa Elf for the Surprise Gifts. :surprised:

Other than the head phones I received from my son, TRF family made it a much Happier Xmas than expected. :headbang:

A hint for my victum: Wish list included a OOP item, you got it. Again, Thanks to PaPa Elf. :wink:

We lost the Web for a few days. Sorry for late posting. Things got mixed up here, so if I don't remember correctly, please correct me.

From my SS: The Launch Pad K050 Dragonfly Kit, Estes Liviathan Pro II :cool: , & Plasma Probe, and a Cool set of Sirius Rocketry Decals.
Guessing Conman13. Only clues are poor ones, shipped about the right time, and I only listed the Liviathan on the thread wish list. Conman13 replied, "Is That All?" I said the were poor clues. :confused2:

As for the "Small" PaPa Elf Surprice Gift; It WAS NOT a 6" piece of vinyl surverors strip in Pink for a streamer!!! :facepalm:

Instead it was a much larger box containing Estes Products: Black Star Voyager, Asteroid Hunter, Astron Strint XL, Cobra, Orange Crunch and Top Shot Rocket kits. Also included was an Estes E Controller (Badly needed) and Altimeter (Also Badly Needed) :jaw:

So Thank You Kindly SS, Whom ever you might be for your generosity!!! :handshake:

And a Special Thank You to PaPa Elf for the Surprise Gifts. :surprised:

Other than the head phones I received from my son, TRF family made it a much Happier Xmas than expected. :headbang:

A hint for my victum: Wish list included a OOP item, you got it. Again, Thanks to PaPa Elf. :wink:

Not me. Keep guessing :)

Just got back from Xmas in the UK with family. Found my SS pressie in the mound of mail.

THANK YOU !!!! SQUEEEEE

I now have a front closure for my Gorilla 75-6000 case!

Looks like I'll be the last to open my SS gift. I just found out that I have a box from Performance Hobbies waiting for me at home. Thank you in advance to whomever for whatever it is. :)
So what did you get? I happen to know who your secret santa is, btw. :)

Well, I opened the package today (it was left at home while we traveled for Christmas) and discovered a Aeropack 54/38mm adapter assembly, as well as a Christmas Ornament! Very Cool SS!

The invoice also confirmed who my SS was, and whom I'm happy to announce was one of the initial suspects denoted with the double-asterisk. Thank you Robert Hagen!

Now, to see if my recipient can guess who I am...

Erik

Haha... Psh... Well... That was TOTALLY not me...

You're mistaken. ;)

I guess djkingsley... Only one on this thread that has a shipment location near his indicated location... I may be wrong though :)

Thank you Secret Santa for the Aster. My first Rocketarium kit. Looking forward to the build!!!

Thanks!
Jeff

PS: Papa Elf. Package was mailed on the 22nd... so it may have arrived at my mailing address on the 24th to 26th.. I did nto get over there til today.

I don't mail stuff to my residence as people will steal it off the porch. :(

I guess djkingsley... Only one on this thread that has a shipment location near his indicated location... I may be wrong though :)

Yes you got me. I had Gloria bring the the Purple Parrot to the MDRA December launch, it's one of the first production run kits. The post office did not like the original return address (Secret Santa, North Pole, Artic Ice Mass). I had to strip the wrapping off and use my office address.

Have fun building and flying your Parrot.

Back