Secret Santa 2014

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you got me. I had Gloria bring the the Purple Parrot to the MDRA December launch, it's one of the first production run kits. The post office did not like the original return address (Secret Santa, North Pole, Artic Ice Mass). I had to strip the wrapping off and use my office address.

Have fun building and flying your Parrot.
Nice! I would have loved that address... anyways, I already have it mostly put together... all it needs is externals. I didn't do a thread as David (littlemisterbig) already had one up... It's a nice kit!

I just got back and opened it up. I was pleasantly surprised with a Loki 38/240 case and forward closure. Having only seen a picture of the box and where it came from, I thought it was an Aeropack adapter. All I need is a nozzle and this opens some doors. :) Thanks a lot! I've wanted something Loki for a long time.

Uhhhhh.... Minor problem. The Loki case was supposed to go to me... The aeropac adapter was for you. I ordered both ab the same time from performance hobbies... The Loki case was actually my Christmas present.... :)

Uhhhhh.... Minor problem. The Loki case was supposed to go to me... The aeropac adapter was for you. I ordered both ab the same time from performance hobbies... The Loki case was actually my Christmas present.... :)
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::lol::lol::lol::point::point::lol::lol::lol::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Seriously though, that's funny...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Things make a little more sense now. Let me go see if I can salvage the box it came in.

Still waiting... but it may be waiting for me at work. I'll know for sure tomorrow when I go back.

I know this is late, but thank you secret Santa for the awesome kits and motors! I have been wanting to build the Sidewinder for a while now and I love the old school collectors arobee hi! Also, I can finally launch some two stagers! Woohoo!

Gift arrived today!!!
It is miles more than any thing I had expected!
A Sheri's Hot Rockets Mercury Redstone!
I can't thank my Secret Santa enough.
Thank you!!!!
I can't wait to start building!

Obviously it will be Liberty Bell 7!

Last edited:
According to my trolling of the thread, there are still 4 people waiting for their SS gifts to arrive:

Howhigh
Littlemisterbig
rbelknap
UPscaler

the antici...
...pation is making me quiver.

According to my trolling of the thread, there are still 4 people waiting for their SS gifts to arrive:

Howhigh
Littlemisterbig
rbelknap
UPscaler

the antici...
...pation is making me quiver.

and there are some who haven't posted what they got!

Alright, final update. I got an Aeropack 54-38 adapter. Many thanks to blackbrant for being easy to work with with that little mix up. I'll get your Loki case on its way tomorrow. This was fun. Lets do it again sometime. :)

PS. I find it amusing that I get something from blackbrant that will be used in a Black Brant. :D

I have not received any messages from anybody lately. Is there anyone still waiting for a secret santa package?

I am still waiting.

I was not going to post again until I got a package, the 25th of Jan. passed, or you asked for an update.

I am still waiting.

I was not going to post again until I got a package, the 25th of Jan. passed, or you asked for an update.

Your present was reordered. Apparently there was a payment problem and the vendor failed to notify your secret santa.

Your present was reordered. Apparently there was a payment problem and the vendor failed to notify your secret santa.

Cool - thanks for the update. Hope its being shipped to my original (work) address now that vacations are over and done with.

Thanks for the update. I'm a patient person. I'm sure it will be a nice surprise when it arrives.
(I guess this is my karma for the shipping issues I had last July with Matt's gift.)
:D

Took a bit of time to ship your intimidator mini due to a part being back-ordered. It didn't ship until after the 4th, IIRC

Back