Zephyr Build Incorporating a GoPro

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harrison Vance

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Looking for your opinions/suggestions on adding a GoPro Hero Session 4 on my Zephyr build. I'm flying for my L1 Certification soon and would love to get some on board footage of the flight. The thing is, the only camera I have at the moment is the GoPro. I know it's not the best in regards of aerodynamics and facing drag issues, but I'm trying not to spend too much money at the moment and I would like to use what I have. If anyone has any idea on how to strap this onto the rocket that'd be great!

While it is no GoPro ( I have a Hero 9) I just picked up the Estes AstroCam. Found it on sale for $19 so I figured why not. I've only used it twice but the quality of the video is actually very good. I'll be taping it to side of my rockets going forward. The camera is very small and is aerodynamic if you leave the cap on it. You could easily tape it to the side of a level 1 rocket or build an enclosure that would hold it.

Camera.jpg

While it is no GoPro ( I have a Hero 9) I just picked up the Estes AstroCam. Found it on sale for $19 so I figured why not. I've only used it twice but the quality of the video is actually very good. I'll be taping it to side of my rockets going forward. The camera is very small and is aerodynamic if you leave the cap on it. You could easily tape it to the side of a level 1 rocket or build an enclosure that would hold it.

View attachment 522228
Thanks for the help! I’ll consider it!

Back