Zephyr

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1904 hank

Reaction score
So I have been building the Zephyr for awhile . Think it's been a month now . Reason being . I build my rockets on free time atwrk do yo me being on call . I know I don't need an ebay for l1 cert but I I got one along with the electronics.well some. At the moment I'm painting it . I'm going for bright checker board . Don't mind the paint booth. Lol.

Attachments

• 16618155923748910468057618965297.jpg
    16618155923748910468057618965297.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
If you have never done Dual Deploy then DO NOT use it for L1 cert.
In general it is not recommended to do any type of electronic deployment for L1. KISS is the key.
The Zephyr with a baby H motor only goes about a 1000 feet. Easy recovery with motor eject.

If you have built and flown many DD rockets and have confidence it will work then do it. Otherwise, do the L1 cert flight simple then later learn DD. Trust me, there is a lot more that can go wrong and you don't want this on a Cert flight.

Color looks good and should help finding it after it lands. I used a simular color on my Loc Goblin for L1.

In general it is not recommended to do any type of electronic deployment for L1. KISS is the key.
The Zephyr with a baby H motor only goes about a 1000 feet. Easy recovery with motor eject.

If you have built and flown many DD rockets and have confidence it will work then do it. Otherwise, do the L1 cert flight simple then later learn DD. Trust me, there is a lot more that can go wrong and you don't want this on a Cert flight.

Color looks good and should help finding it after it lands. I used a simular color on my Loc Goblin for

Color looks good and should help finding it after it lands. I used a simular color on my Loc Goblin for L1.
I don't plan on using it for l1 cert .I just saw that u could covert it to dd .so I said y not . L1 cert strictly zephyr of course. I'll launch dd after cert . Well sometime after. Still learning the dd stuff.
I like how it is turning out. Can't wait to see finished rocket with the design on it . Wife picked out colors this time except for black strip for conversion

Orange florescent with yellow. Going to tape off for red after. Going for checker look

Attachments

• 1661820186805721468235897574148.jpg
    1661820186805721468235897574148.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I did DD on my Level 1 cert and never looked back. After all the ground testing, the DD was the least of my worries on the L1 cert flight and it worked perfectly. It was also my first snap ring case, a Loki I110W, so that was my biggest concern.

Some people are very comfortable with electronics and DD and other are not. If you are, than I don't see any reason not to use it on a cert flight, even L1.

Back