XQ-58 Valkyrie - A Scratch Build / Scratch Design

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not that @lakeroadster has ever been hurting for inspiration, but if there was ever a model BEGGING for rear eject,

View attachment 611049

Extra points for double purposing the vent tube as a launch lug!
Been done to death..​
There's just something about a clear plastic finned flying shitbox that screams... Nope!​

Is that the kitchen countertop ....
Yes it is.​
.... what does your wife think of your use of it for rockets.
She's fine with it. I'm obsessed with keeping my work area organized and clean. All sanding and smelly stuff is done in the barn, attached garage, or outside.​

You're confusing a thrust ring/motor block that keeps a motor from moving forward with motor retention to prevent it from falling out the bottom.
Unless the top of the hook is straightened out, the hook will participate in motor blocking as well (although it is not generally sufficient, and must be supplemented by a proper block).

Last edited:
@NTP2 , @neil_w & @CalebJ

Motor hook does not penetrate the motor tube. It is bent up and held in place with a 1/4" plywood half ring that is glued in place. This allows use of various motor lengths, yet still has positive motor retention.

I do plan though to tape fit the motor into the motor tube, for a good snug fit also. Belts & Suspenders

002.JPG

Lower Fuselage

Installed the lower fuselage skins. I used the remaining portions of the BT-300 left over from the upper fuselage skins and just had to trim them to fit.​

001.JPG002.JPG

Back