Wildman orders

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kidney stones. Ugh. I'm sorry to hear that - I know enough people who've had them to know that they're miserable.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

-Kevin

You ever seen an electron microscope image of a kidney stone? Whoever created those has a bizarre sense of humor.

1642032894596.png

Sorry I am about 2 days behind on orders .
I have been dealing with kidney stones since Sunday.
I just had one removed and should be back to normal in a day or 2
Uhg, I get them myself. Don't overdo it.

I am SOOO sorry to hear that. I would not wish those on anyone. I was taken to the hospital speaking in tongues. They gave me morphine. That was not enough morphine. It took a second dose of morphine to straighten me out to do an ultrasound. When they said I would have to go home and pass them I involuntarily let out a pathetic whimper. When I passed the stone I put it in a teeny tiny little jar that sits on my mantel as one of my life achievements (don't tell my son).
You have my sympathies and all the patience you need.

Now in a bottle . . :)

stone2.jpg

"Build rockets not kidney stones". - Mike Staggs (I just made that up) trademarked, /copyrighted

Ouch! Having experienced kidney stones TWICE in my life, I certainly sympathize! Felt like I was being attacked by three guys with baseball bats all at the same time. I've had women who have experienced stones and also given birth say that of the two pains, they'd rather have the kid than the stone. At least you can cuddle the kid afterwards.

I am SOOO sorry to hear that. I would not wish those on anyone. I was taken to the hospital speaking in tongues. They gave me morphine. That was not enough morphine. It took a second dose of morphine to straighten me out to do an ultrasound. When they said I would have to go home and pass them I involuntarily let out a pathetic whimper. When I passed the stone I put it in a teeny tiny little jar that sits on my mantel as one of my life achievements (don't tell my son).
You have my sympathies and all the patience you need.

Now in a bottle . . :)

View attachment 499553
"Build rockets not kidney stones". - Mike Staggs (I just made that up) trademarked, /copyrighted
Same here with the morphine 2 days later they put me under and went up there with a laser and blasted it .
Now I am pissing b@@@@ and P@@ razors the pain killers basically do nothing .

Ohh mann Tim..
I'm so sorry..
I saw you in a lota pain on the zoom meeting..
I thought it was your shoulder again..
I had kidney stones once..
I agree with all,,
I was taken to the hospital thinking I was dying..
After the diagnosis the women around that had them and were also mothers
said they'd rather give birth again then go through passing a kidney stone..
You know what I've been through in life with my health,
I will never forget those stones..
I'm really sorry man..
I think a lot of the pain is caused by inflammation,
take an anti inflammatory like Advil..
That may help..

Ohhh,
I'm sorry about the crack on the zoom meeting about Jackie hitting you in the head with a pot..
under the newly revealed circumstances,
that may have been uncalled for.. lol..

Teddy

Tim,

I'm there with you. I've been dealing with them for close to 30 years now. At the worst, morphine plus Percocet was what it took to actually make a dent in the pain. I just remember lying in the hospital bed (and bathroom floor, and in my trailer) shifting position every few minutes in vain attempts to find a position where things didn't hurt as much.

When I am asked about pain levels 1-10, that experience is my reference for 10.

Amazing how something so small can cause so much discomfort. I had some that were too big to pass, and they did the ultrasound rather than the laser (I had a choice). Then yes, a couple days of peeing bloody gravel, truly unpleasant. But not as bad as trying to pass something that won't pass (can you say renal failure).

Assuming calcium oxalate, all I can say is: drink lots of water ( 2-3 quarts per day), avoid eating foods with oxalates, and avoid sodium. Or whatever your doctors tell you.

Hope you heal quickly!

I've had several. The last I was sweating so bad as I "stood" in line at the ER one of the nurses put me in a chair and wheeled me back.
She made a comment that "you look so miserable that you don't need to be seen by those others out there.
The only worse pain I have ever had was when I ruptured the discs in my back.
Jeff Foxworthy puts a humorous spin to it.

Dang Tim, that sucks. My wife had a stone a few years back, she thought she was gonna die. Hope you feel better!

Tim, hang in there do what you need to take care of yourself, the other stuff can wait, and I say that a large BF order pending. :) I have had them twice, so I understand, one passed, one they had to go in and get. I will leave that to your imaginations, and yes, it was that bad. My wife had them once, and did say it was worse than childbirth as well. Then she apologized for teasing the two times I had them.

My mom had some. Used the then new procedure lithotrypsy (sp?) in 1995. She was put in a tub of water and the machine used ultrasound. $20K to use the machine. Shatters them then pass with minimal pain (lots of happy pills). Even then, insurance covered it.

My mom had some. Used the then new procedure lithotrypsy (sp?) in 1995. She was put in a tub of water and the machine used ultrasound. $20K to use the machine. Shatters them then pass with minimal pain (lots of happy pills). Even then, insurance covered it.

That method has advanced and they no longer need to lower you into a tub of water.

There are two current methods (that I know of) to resolve stones that won't pass - lithotripsy (use of sound waves) and ureteroscopy (which we lovingly refer to as "going fishing for kidney stones"). There are a variety of factors that control which method works; my dad has had the "pleasure" of both.

-Kevin

Sorry man, I feel your pain. I've been there done that. I was a "chronic" stone attack victim until I got my uric acid under control.

Mike

First, I'm very sorry you are going through this. I've had multiple in my lifetime and they are literally the worst pain I've ever experienced.

There are two current methods (that I know of) to resolve stones that won't pass - lithotripsy (use of sound waves) and ureteroscopy (which we lovingly refer to as "going fishing for kidney stones").

On my most recent, they used the "going fishing" technique (ureteroscopy). This has the advantage of not requiring you to pass the stone intact through your ureter (the painful part of the trip from my experience, but mine were all < ~3-4mm). The bad part about the ureteroscopy is the stint they leave in the ureter. Due to the potential for inflammation from the procedure, a stint is left in place. This has the result of making you feel like you have to pee literally the entire time its in there (about a week). The final "joy" is when the need is gone for the stint and they have to go in there and fish that out. Just for reference, the stint only extended from the kidney to the bladder. Therefore there is only one way to retrieve it... and it's done only with a little numbing cream applied strategically. The only good part about the removal procedure is that it's in and out very quickly, maybe 15 seconds... a very uneasy 15 seconds.

That method has advanced and they no longer need to lower you into a tub of water.

There are two current methods (that I know of) to resolve stones that won't pass - lithotripsy (use of sound waves) and ureteroscopy (which we lovingly refer to as "going fishing for kidney stones"). There are a variety of factors that control which method works; my dad has had the "pleasure" of both.

-Kevin

There is at least another one. Might be tricky to get that covered by insurance.
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-45513012
Reinhard

I've fought through a few myself. Only had to have one surgically extracted. I'd had a few over my life starting when I was an adolescent. I was in my fifties before I discovered what that pain was. That one hurt so bad that I couldn't drive and it made me vomit. That was the one they had to extract. Hang tough, they can't last forever, but it might start to seem like it.

Jim

Latest posts

Back