Wildman 5" Jayhawk Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's certainly one way of looking at it Carl! :headspinning:

Well, I just figured since I still haven’t gotten anywhere with my kit, and you wanting to start over to account for all the things you’d do differently, I’d make the sacrifice and just swap out kits with you. I’m that kinda nice guy… :p 😊

Well, I just figured since I still haven’t gotten anywhere with my kit, and you wanting to start over to account for all the things you’d do differently, I’d make the sacrifice and just swap out kits with you. I’m that kinda nice guy… :p 😊
That's next level kind right there!

Fully loaded (sans motor) a chunky 19.5 lbs! About 6500' on the 1940X.
The L1940x is a GREAT motor IMHO. In fact that is the same motor the ND team is using this year. Been some annoying things about the reloads though...The stainless steel FSD is a PITA to clean. Also I think the liner is a touch too long because I've never got the closures to close completely. Usually there's about a 1/16" gap on one of the closures but I've been told that's OK. However they do seem to light really well with the stock ignitor and the ALT results have been very consistent. You can see an example here:

The L1940x is a GREAT motor IMHO. In fact that is the same motor the ND team is using this year. Been some annoying things about the reloads though...The stainless steel FSD is a PITA to clean. Also I think the liner is a touch too long because I've never got the closures to close completely. Usually there's about a 1/16" gap on one of the closures but I've been told that's OK. However they do seem to light really well with the stock ignitor and the ALT results have been very consistent. You can see an example here:

I have (2) 1940's grain bonded on the shelf ready to go for this flying season. :)

I did not... now you tell me!? :headspinning:

Spendy, but looks like a nice product: https://www.rockwestcomposites.com/808-150-group

And now another reason why you should trade this meh boilerplate model to me for my unassembled kit that's ready to formed into the perfect model...
/s for those who think I'm crazy. Then again, I fly rockets and date a horse woman. Crazy it is!

Back