Wildman 5" Jayhawk Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent job, Justin! And Adrian is indeed looking good.

Strange seeing open water at Bong in February.

Any chance of getting the 3d print file for the wiring tunnel posted? I have a 4" and 5.5" Polecat Jayhawk that I been procastinating finishing for far too long...

That parachute is insane. I love that paint scheme you decided to go with also!

The shovel is a Tripoli thing. NAR only has a budget for a stomped out piece of sheet metal.

Last edited:
Nice recovery deployment! I have been told that one of the dangers with large jayhawks is getting it tangled up with all the finage.

How did you cut the fiberglass tube for the wiring tunnel in half?
Fiberglass cut off wheel on a Dremel moto-tool with flexible extension. I first used aluminum angle iron to scribe lines down the length on both sides of the 38mm tube.

Great flight pics!
That chute is pretty spectacular. Would be interested in your post-burn weight and corresponding main descent rate if possible to share.
Weight is easy, I can get to that this week. Main descent rate can be pulled off the RRC3's in time. Stupid busy at work the last couple weeks!

1709061841773.png

Gluing and screwing the wings and winglets is a bit of a task, but got one of them done at least. :)
I couldn't pick it up from your pictures or descriptions. What did you use for nuts on the bolts you bolted the outboard winglets to the L bracket aluminum (both through the fin and through the winglets? Thanks!

Amazing rocket!

I would have left the metal tip unpainted, though...

Latest posts

Back