Why I can't save money

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barracuda

Reaction score
I was looking for a hobby to occupy myself indoors:grin: when the weathers bad and I came up with this.Not trying to hijack the forum but this thing is a blast and I know there's a few rc'ers herePhoto136.jpg.Just another thing to put my #808 on:cool:

Attachments

• Photo137.jpg
    Photo137.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 87
Not that I have a couple hundred dollars saved up, I will spend some of it to finish my current builds (Squat, Wild Child, Crayon, Little John) and the rest will be put aside. Depending on what goes down at school for my project, I will either use that money for a rocket project for school or spend it on trainer plane.

You want a hobby that will have $100 bills flying out your wallet? Take up model railroading.

Cuda...beware. My buddy has that same copter and is replacing his stripped gears from flying inside.:y:
BTW...if you find any hotrodding tips please PM me...it looked like a fatter motor will fit in there with just slight razor scraping.

Late edit..my buddy's buddy just got the same copter with a newer control...and my buddy is picking up his signal!...can one of them modify the frequency so they can fly together? R/C stupid here.

Last edited:
I was having withdraw not being able to build and launch rockets then went to visit my older brother.He was showing me his hobbies,a j3 cub,a foam cessana, a sail plane,the corsair he's finishing and two helicopters..the latter two got me hooked

I got one from my Honey.
Beginner.
Only thing I did was charge it and see if it would lift.
Kept leaning over to one side???
Maybe cuz Im inside and couldnt really give it some?
Decide to shut it down till I could fly it either outside or somewhere with more room.
Im a newbee to this RC stuff.
Old Dog -New Tricks.

xmas kodiac 008.jpg

xmas kodiac 006.jpg

xmas kodiac 007.jpg

I bought a cheap one many moons ago, crashed it indoors till it wouldn't fly anymore. Bought a slightly better (more expensive) one. Crashed it outdoors til it wouldn't fly anymore. Now I'm eyeing an even better (really expensive) one. One of these times maybe I'll get one that flys right.....

I bought my son a 24 inch Chinook dual rotor. He love it. It does not crash as much.

Ok, I can't resist. This guy shows up at the Reno RC field from time to time. Absolutely insane.

[YOUTUBE]l7TBxFEPttI[/YOUTUBE]

I've got a little 4ch Blade mSRX that flies great indoors, and seems pretty much indestructible; by far the best and most durable RC thing I've ever had. Thanks to this thread I'm itchin' to fly it again. Maybe tomorrow... :D

3 indoor ir choppers, 1 large 4 channel outside chopper. Several storage tubs of 1/32nd scale slot cars and track. Extensive "N" scale layout, pyro supplies and rocket, rockets, rockets. The Mayans predicted the demise of my wallet and the extinction of available funds in my lifetime.....
I need to grow up-I'm running out of time to mature!

Last edited:
I am pretty impressed with some of the flights on youtube. I am able to fly without crashing some of the time. These guys though seem to never crash.

I fly RC planes, unfortunatley my favorite one is waiting for parts, and will be for a while. They are much cheaper per flight than rockets (when they dont crash), but rockets are more fun!
95A301-P51-Green-RTF-24G-5.jpg

Last edited:
Between my HO layout (under construction for the last 3 years), a pile of rockets and supplies, about 20 plastic model kits, and Hirst Arts molds and supplies, I don't think my wallet could stand anything more. That heli flight is heli-incredible. I did do some RC years ago but got tired of crashing.

hmmm, lets see...a helipad on the layout for a micro heli. could have rockstars arriving at the station from the concert to take the last train out of town...:)
rex

Between my HO layout (under construction for the last 3 years), a pile of rockets and supplies, about 20 plastic model kits, and Hirst Arts molds and supplies, I don't think my wallet could stand anything more. That heli flight is heli-incredible. I did do some RC years ago but got tired of crashing.

I'm envious - I wish I had the room for HO. Any pictures?

I have an E-flite Blade mCX that I bought a few years back. Want a good fixed-pitch heli some day.

You want a hobby that will have $100 bills flying out your wallet? Take up model railroading.

I hear ya! Try HO trains with a HO race course to boot---they get big and expensive fast:y:

Heck, N-scale is expensive enough! I'm still trying to gather up enough track to even start a layout. Have a few nice locomotives (2x Kato Mikado relettered for C&O, 1x Broadway Limited EMD E-8 C&O #4003) but no rolling stock to go with them. My entire "layout" consists of a loop of Kato Unitrack that I bought for testing my locomotives.

Last edited:
I have several HO locos and rolling stock, all Seaboard Coast Line (used to watch as they went by the laundrymat while mom was washing closthes). The only track I have is a box-lot of curves & straights from fleabay. The plan was to run flextrack around the upper wall section (just above window/door height) of the man cave, and possibly paint the old town in the background. Unfortunately the man cave is not in the construction budget any where in the near future.....

We have a Mikado here on static display. They went through it years ago and removed the asbestos and painted her up. Fenced in and covered she should last for many years to come :)

Oh, yeah. raced 1/24 scale slotcars for years. Still got my stuff. No tracks here anymore but whenever I leave the state the box goes with me so I can find a track to run some laps.

Last edited:
I got my girlfriend a Wltoys V911 for Christmas and its pretty cool. I am looking to buy something better for myself;)

I hope you copter noobs are practicing with a flight simulator. It helps a lot. Saves on parts, expensive parts. I fly R/C and learned the hard, expensive way.

I fly R/C and learned the hard, expensive way.

Ditto. My instructor was perfectly happy to let me crash (repeatedly). My trainer has lots of fiberglass reinforcement. I haven't gotten near rotary wing yet although the quads look pretty cool.

Yup, I am SO getting an RC something after seeing those videos and pictures...

Back