Who wants Estes D11-P motors?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delta22

Reaction score
My favorite vendors, Robert and Gloria at AMW Pro-X, are looking for folks interested in buying Estes D11-P motors.

Estes will do another production run if a vendor orders 500 (3 engine) packs or more.

Estes D11-P motors are great for rocket gliders, saucers, and clusters big enough to require altimeter deployment.

I would love to get my hands on 100 packs myself.

Last edited:
Here's what 19x D11-P + 12x C11 engines look like

IMG_0343b.jpg

And here's 6x D11-P engines and 8x D11-P + 2x G64 engines spinning...

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137l.jpg

Here's 4x D11-P (outboards) + 6x E9 + 1x F30 (center) and finally 15x D11-P + 1x G125.

Clearly the (rocketry) world needs more of these engines.

Won't you help by posting here and also contacting AMW Today?

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_8513.jpg

I have gliders that do grate on D11Ps. I'd buy a few. Since gliders take virtually no prep, I can fly a D11P about every 3 minutes when I'm solo, or as fast as the RSO line moves if I'm at a launch.

Ari.

As I am a primarily HPR person, could you explain to me why D11's are that different from D12's?

The thrust curves look awfully similar.

Or is this a special run for the plugged delays in particular?

As I am a primarily HPR person, could you explain to me why D11's are that different from D12's?

Because there is no delay there's room for more propellant. That gives the motor a longer sustaining burn time which brings down the average thrust. You can see the propellant weights here and also get to the thrust time curves from there.

If you do need a plugged motor in this size, using one that comes plugged from the factory gets you out of endless debates with the local "lawyers" about what constitutes "motor modification."

Ari.

I would buy a few also for the outer engines on my 8 engine clustered scratch 1/50 Saturn 1B!

Because there is no delay there's room for more propellant. That gives the motor a longer sustaining burn time which brings down the average thrust. You can see the propellant weights here and also get to the thrust time curves from there.

So it's a D12 with the delay swapped for additional propellant?

To the best of my knowledge, that's exactly what it is. I think the clay cap is thicker than the one that holds the ejection charge in because it's got to hold back the pressure until burnout while the ejection charge cap just has to hold the black powder in place.

Yes, and a plug instead of an ejection charge.

Plus the same delicious 1/4 second thrust spike that all Estes motors have to get your rocket off the rod/rail quickly, and maximize flame tails for the liftoff pictures.

I hope I'm not too late to be jumping on this, but I just went online to buy some plugged D's to replenish my stock and can't find any.

I use them on my old Hefty paper plate rockets (Yes, I still have some from 6 years ago), and they are great because you don't have an ejection charge blowing out the top of the saucer slowing it down, or firing downward after it's reached apogee and flipped over.

Yup, I'd buy 28 or so packs myself. I like to load up my LOC Stovi with 6 of these in the outboards.

The motors are in !!! D11-P
If interested give Gloria a call 603-566-2904
Don't forget to ask her where the price beaks are...

WooHoo!!

My order is in.

Price breaks for orders of 10+ and 25+ packs.

Stock up now!!.

Last edited:
That's enough for what, two flights? :)

I love the stuff you do with them!

-Kevin

My shipment came in on time. Thanks for making these available. Now to get that 12x24mm rocket set for a workout alongside the 7x24mm and 4x24mm.

Hi, I am new to this forum so I don't know how this works but I would love it if you still had some of the engines in stock. I am building a RC Bell X-1 and I don't want the ejection stage of the engines to blow up the rocket.

Hi, I am new to this forum so I don't know how this works but I would love it if you still had some of the engines in stock. I am building a RC Bell X-1 and I don't want the ejection stage of the engines to blow up the rocket.
We have those in stock.
www.amwprox.com

Quantity discounts available.

Robert

Latest posts

Back