Where can I launch rockets in delaware (up to F-15-8/2 stagers)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 46033

Reaction score
I'm not going to beat around the bush here, the local "group" is to far for me to go to on the eastern shore of maryland, and my old spots are now either covered in buildings or not big enough for 29mm F engines since i got back in the sport/hobby and once i paint and clear coat things this spring i want to launch them. my 85 year old father knows people who have farms but those fields will have crops growing at the time or they would be perfect (1 mile x 1 mile open at LEAST) so i dont want to mess with the food chain. the last time i launched i went to fairhill horse track and went in the huge empty field they walk the horses in but didnt ask or tell (it was 20 years ago) so aside from the "south of the canal" schools that have no trees, are wide open and will probably let me launch there with my nar membership and insurance, is there anything big in delaware that wont tree or pole line eat my work?

it's to far away, thats the over a hour away place around eastern shore MD, it's more like 1.5 hours from northern DE if you dont want to pay tolls
so I'm just looking around for schools and stuff when school isn't in session..

Unfortunate. I personally are in two clubs, one of which has sites between 1.25 and 1.5 hrs away (SPAAR), and Narhams which is usually 45 mins or so. Driving a ways stinks, but its just the way it is for me.

it's to far away, thats the over a hour away place around eastern shore MD,
Oh, my sweet summer child. What I and many others here wouldn't give to only have to drive an hour to the nearest rocket launch.

If you're really that resistant to driving one hour, you'll probably have to find a public field and contact local authorities to obtain permission to use it, or make friends with a nearby farmer and get permission to use his land before he plants.

Back