What's the story behind your Screen Name?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine comes from my other obsession, digging up dead things!!!

Before you go hide the women and small children I'm refering to PALEONTOLOGY...

Iceage came from my habbit of finding Pleistocene fossils where there were not suppost to be any. My paleo-specialty is Echinoids, and on one Florida Paleontological Society field trip the group was divided into those that wanted to dig for vertebrate fossil and those that wanted to dig for inverts, like echinoids. Most people went to try and find the "trophy" verts, like saber cat and sloth, but I went for the "crunchies and squishies" dig site. Lets just say they came back mostly empty handed and I found the best mammoth tooth I ever have, where there were only suppost to be inverts. Mammoth died out in the Pleistocene (last ice age) and it really "T'd" off one of the more vocal of the club, so just to "T" him off further, I started to introduce myself as IceAge!

He just about had kittens when I showed the group the tooth; he literally stomped off like a little kid!

There you go...

Patrick

The EA-6B is one of my favorite military jets!!!!!

Cool! It's not often I hear that. Mostly it's, "You flew a what?" Sure, the Prowler doesn't have a pointy nose and afterburners. But, I think it has one of the neatest missions in the Navy. It's fun to deny someone else the use of their RADAR :D And, we also have the best platform for using the HARM :D But, the Prowler does have another feature to be very proud of. It has the loudest jet engines on the flight deck. :D

Regards,
Todd

:D One of my buddies sent me a email once and called me CrashinJ because I fly RC airplanes, and I do crash once in a while. I liked it, So thats how I became CrashinJ.

CrashinJ

Ok...mine is halwfay simple, halfway hard...bear with me.

Ok,

1. My SN isn't pronounced! It is spelled out, as in, "j-e-t-r-a-2"

2. JET are my initials, Jason E. Toft.

3. RA2 is the initials of one of my favorite games, Command & Conquer Red Alert 2, or RA2.

j-e-t-r-a-2

Easy, huh?

J-a-s-o-n :D

Here's why I call myself Justy.

I think the A-6 / EA-6 in all its incarnations has an aura of ugliness with purpose, and I like that; like the A-10, it's not pretty, but it's -the- tool for the job it was created for, and is thus worthy of respect. Besides, the crew sit side-by-side, like in the just-retired CT-114 Tudor training aircraft flown by the Canadian Armed Forces Air Demonstration Squadron "Snowbirds", which are by far the finest air demo team in North America. ;)

When I signed up with AOL aaarrrrgggghhhh! (can you tell that I don't like those three letters?) Every combo of Johnnie Paul seemed to be taken, and the ideas they offered up stunk, (i.e. JPaul1024, Johnnie667P, Pauljo445321...what the heck is that???)so I just ended it with what I do best, rkt's...I'm with MSN now aargh (not to much better here)

Johnnierkt has been with me since 1998

Johnnie Paul

TheRadiator...... I've had more than a few boil over on me. '77 LTD, '78 Trans Am (3 times), '82 F100, '85 Fleetwood Brougham, '90 Cougar, and a '93 Ford Probe GT. After replacing 8 radiators, the name just sorta stuck.
Me ---> :kill: <--- Me after a boiling radiator

Well my screen name has a long and complex history to it... when your born you are *generally* :rolleyes: assigned a call name e.g. "First Name" and this designation provides the first part of my screen name. Secondly, I quite like EX rocketry soooooo... yeah, there's the second part. :)

Well, it not too complicated, The scissorwing Transport was my favorite rocket it the 1970's and I have 3 clones today. I also have a Crusader clone.
My email addy is airbat spelled backwards - kinda borrowed from American Champion Aircraft and their Citabria.

my name has 3 incarnations..

circa sept 1996 using netscape 0.9beta I became Shockwaverider...from the name of a science fiction novel by John Brunner in 1975....."he was the most dangerous fugitive alive,but he didn't even exist"....

The z was added circa 1999 when I "accidently" found my way into 2 ISP's computer systems.... In hacker parlance, the Z = S so it meant shockwaverider's.......as in "your computer belongs to me" As in All your base belong to me........heh

In the past year I have just gotten lazy typing my entire nick so I sign off as shockie..... witha smiley face

shockie B)

Originally posted by revkeith
I'm a Pastor and Keith is my first name

I don't remember exactly how I got hooked up with him, I think it might have been an ebay auction. Anyway, we swapped a few emails and I told him I was making some beginner's rocketry sets to put in an auction at my church to raise money for missions.

Rev Keith sent me a couple more rockets, very nice ones, already built. For free. Paid the postage and everything. He just wanted to help support a missions drive too.

Keith, I appreciate the help. You obviously have a great heart for trying to help others, and I think we (you and me) raised about $120 on those auctions. So this is a little late, but Bless You and yours, thank you for your caring and support.

Hey Powderburner,

Glad to hear the auction was successful. I believe we met in an ROL auction almost two years ago. Thanks for the kind words and let me know if I can help with any other auctions.

Keith

Originally posted by shockwaveriderz
...as in "your computer belongs to me" As in All your base [are] belong to me........heh

Somebody set us up the bomb

I used to have AYB artwork online, but lost it to the dreaded nimda two years ago.

What do you mean what?
The first thing that came into my head when the forum asked for a user name was "arthur dent"My real name is john but for some reason computer and internet etiquette requires a nickname.My nickname is arthur dent.

mo - first two letters of my last name
jack - first name
82 - year I graduated from the Aluminum Zoo (you all know - that lion's den of sexual assault in Colorado Springs that's been in the news lately ...btw - as far as I know and speaking to many of my female classmates, very little of that garbage went on when I was there and none would've been tolerated either by the cadets or the administration).

Also, I heard a most entertaining story (too long to go into here - don't want to overestimate everyone's interest...:eek: ) from a fellow Air Force bud about an Air Force runway supervisory unit (RSU) whose nickname was mojack...

Originally posted by arthur dent
What do you mean what?
The first thing that came into my head when the forum asked for a user name was "arthur dent"My real name is john but for some reason computer and internet etiquette requires a nickname.My nickname is arthur dent.

I thought you would get it. It's from a very funny part of "The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy" where Arthur gets demeaned for always answering a question with "what?"

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGG...

Patrick :D

My screen name is the title of the first rocketry publication that I wrote. It is about using expanded Teflon sheeting (pipe thread sealant tape) for heat proof recovery devices. Besides the other articles I wrote just don't seem to lend themselves to a good nickname.

Bruce S. Levison (NAR #69055, MTMA #606), A.K.A. Teflon Rocketry, has published articles on ejection charge proof expanded Teflon recovery systems (hence the nickname), camera tripod mounted launch pads, ablative blast deflectors, a horizontal painting swivel for model rockets, a method for the simulation of tube fin rocket designs, a RockSim method to determine how far away from the launch pad a parachute recovered model rocket will land, and the simulation of ring fin designs using RockSim.

My first name...then my last name initial.....I know that was hard to decipher

I think it is easier to respond to "Ryan S." by saying Ryan than if I had some crazy alias and someone had to rewrite that....I am just lazy :D

It's just the rocketry variation of another screen name I use, russ2p. "Russell" my given name and 2p for "Two Pepper" a brand name of jeans made at a clothing company I once worked at. My friends gave me the nickname two pepper from wearing shirts with the logo on it whenever we would play sports together.

That little boxer dude is StrongBad. I just like his FLASH animated e-mail responses :D

check'em out https://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html

some good ones are japanese cartoon, dragon, or lures and jigs

The set of gills and massive fin that grows out of my head, or a post college drinking binge while brainstorming for names for a softball team? YOU be the judge!

Years ago, I joined the military and signed up as a flying crew chief for our (was) local C-130 Air Reserve Unit. When I was in tech school (TX) at Sheppard AFB, I used to watch T-37's and T-38's flying all day long from the other side of the base where the training center was. I knew sooner or later I was going to learn how to fly. Well, about a year later, I went to an accelerated flight school in Panama City FLA and recieved my Private, Commercial, Multi Engine, and instrument ratings. Came home and landed a job a the local airport and taught for three years. In those 3 years, I managed to log around 2300 hrs in all kinds of aircraft. But I never persued it further just because of my family and personel situation. Anything that flys has always had a place in my life...
I ended up in the Air Reserve Technician program at my reserve base and worked full time for 13 years until the CLinton administration and then decided that I could no longer ignore the cutbacks to my men and our equipment. Having a constant fear that I would end up saying the wrong thing to the wrong set of stars, I decided it was time for me to move on. I actually had been asked by a car/truck dealership in our area to come and sell cars for them and also to organize a commercial truck venue within the dealership. I learned alot about the car biz and the product that we sold (Chevrolet). I have to say, I was pretty good at it. I was in the dealership one day and needed an Ebay handle and came up with "Flying_Silverado" You guys only see flying silverad beacuse the e won't fit. Just my luck. Stories, yea a got a million of em...Let me tell ya the one about when we took this load of Naval supplies to Bahrain.... :D

N3TJM - My ham radio call sign. I operate mostly on 2m, (146.85 MHz), but I do have equipment for 70cm (440). Had my license since June 94. They are good for 10 years. Looks like I will have to renew soon... :)

After having my name rejected as a screen name by yahoo/aol/everybloodybodyelse (it should be rhubbard) I decided to look for something that nobody else tried.

I went to school at VMI. I was a short person then (I've gotten much wider!) and was assigned to D company, phonetically Delta. Otherwise known as mad dog delta.

Since, apparently, no other VMI D company people are on the same boards I am ,maddogdelta works. (On one board, I had to add my graduating class year, 81)

Prowler901,

I can understand how you got attached to that airplane. Grumman built some great stuff, and that particular design stood out from the beginning and has been going like 40 years now!

I just wish you could have had the chance to fly in the replacement, the A-12. It would have made your eyeballs water. It had all the go of the A-6 (and then some) and the additional advantage that: they never would have seen you coming. Or going. It still amazes me that the government shut off that program in order to buy more F-18's (talk about a piece of ****). If you REALLY want to be sad, think about never getting to fly in an AX/A-12----you would have had more of everything than an F-18----but that's probably why they shut it down too, didn't want their 'top' fighter to be out-flown by a bomber.

E-mail me sometime?

Back