what to do 2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kzimmerman

Reaction score
So I posited a question on the scratch built forum, but the responses were sort of lackluster. So, I figured I would try here. I have several very heavy duty (cores for rolls of bituethane) 6.5 x38 and 5.25x38. I want to build something cooler than 3fnc. Upscales would be okay, original ideas, discussion, what ever. I can build most anything, but I'm a slow builder. So, anybody have any ideas? Remember, no 3fnc or 4fnc really. So, any Ideas?

pay-attention-to-me-bowling-alley.gif

So I posited a question on the scratch built forum, but the responses were sort of lackluster. So, I figured I would try here. I have several very heavy duty (cores for rolls of bituethane) 6.5 x38 and 5.25x38. I want to build something cooler than 3fnc. Upscales would be okay, original ideas, discussion, what ever. I can build most anything, but I'm a slow builder. So, anybody have any ideas? Remember, no 3fnc or 4fnc really. So, any Ideas?
Choose an oddroc that suits your fancy and upscale. Done.

Me, personally, I'm working on 4x upscales to 4" of estes' photon disruptor and photon probe.

This isn't a plea for attention, I have a creative blockage here and I was hoping for ideas to get the works flowing. Jeez.

Whatever it is, put K1100's in it. It will be a lot cooler with them in it.

Can you give me some specs on the rocket that has the balls on it? Is that a clear nosecone on it?

My take on it so far. I need to add the pods and I'd like to simulate some transitions from the 29mm tubes to the ring tail. I might add transitions to the ring tails too. This is done with the tubes I have on hand. Unfortunately, the design needs 6lbs of nose weight and a big L. I think if I add the transitions to the ringtails and 29mm tubes they might not function as fins, just a cool looking (hopefully) rocket. I'm hoping that that will move the cp back a little bit and I can shed all that extra weight.

Attachments

• internet3dimage.png
    internet3dimage.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 6
My take on it so far. I need to add the pods and I'd like to simulate some transitions from the 29mm tubes to the ring tail. I might add transitions to the ring tails too. This is done with the tubes I have on hand. Unfortunately, the design needs 6lbs of nose weight and a big L. I think if I add the transitions to the ringtails and 29mm tubes they might not function as fins, just a cool looking (hopefully) rocket. I'm hoping that that will move the cp back a little bit and I can shed all that extra weight.
Based on their dimensions I don't think those rings will act as fins anyway, even without adding transitions.

I tried it without the ringtails and the cp moved way back. Its still going to require too much noseweight.

Back