What scifi movies?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minority Report had tracking satellites, one brief mention.

A Clockwork Orange

Nope...

TRAMP
Oh-hhh!!! Go on, do me in you b*****d cowards. I don't want to live anyway, not in a stinking world like this.

ALEX
Oh and what's so stinking about it?

TRAMP
It's a stinking world because there's no law and order any more. It's a stinking world because it lets the young get onto the old like you done. It's no world for an old man any more. What sort of a world is it at all? Men on the moon and men spinning around the earth and there's not no attention paid to earthly law and order no more.

Plan 9 From Outer Space.

They had space traveling paper plates, we did not.

Last edited:
From the Wikipedia entry: "...set in a dystopian world in which there is an over-reliance on poorly maintained (and rather whimsical) machines. Brazil's bureaucratic, totalitarian government is reminiscent of the government depicted in George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four, except that it has a buffoonish, slap-stick quality and lacks a 'Big Brother' figure."

My personal favorite of the movies that have been mentioned is probably Sleeper. :D

MarkII

Last edited:
Post apocalyptic therefore disqualified. Just like "I am Legend" and any other similar versions of the same story.

I'm pretty sure "I Am Legend" is a remake of "Omega Man".

Now "Waterworld" mentions an apocalyps and it was generally a bad movie but that sailboat...makes me drool!

Back