What I've learned so far

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoWalks

Reaction score
First month into Rocketry and I have learned a lot, yet there are many things that I am still struggling with and or working on, like technique and motors. :)

I have learned a couple of important things so far after building my first three kits and then purchasing another 7.

1. Make fin patterns to put with the package cover and instruction sheets incase you need to make a new fin or want to clone a kit later on.

2. With each purchase of a kit, buy three to six rocket motors you will use with that kit. Failing to do this, when you reach 10 kits, you need to purchase from 30 to 60 motors at one time.

I'm old and the learning curve has flattened out over the years, but I am getting it, even if slowly. :)

OMG...old??? I doubt that. Ken Parker is old...in fact, a Fossil like him probably invented rocketry by sitting on that...what did he call it?...Geiser!!! :D I think there is also a medical term or procedure for that, but we will keep the thread clean.

Sounds like you are having fun and that is what it's all about. BTW, great idea on the motor thing; I buy a couple packs a week myself to keep stock up until the next launch.

Keep having fun and asking questions...that's how we all learned!

Carl

You're a funny guy, Tulanko. I'll kill you last. :kill: :D BTW - remarks like that will NOT get you any fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies on your next visit !!!

TwoWalks - sounds like you're having fun, as well as learning.

And for me.... that's the whole point !!!!

Do not forget those Blast Off Flight Packs of 24 motors. If you live near a Michael's Crafts that carries rockets, there is a 40% off coupon nearly every week in the Sunday Paper, and just about every holiday, they have a 50% off one item. That is when I strike!! I will buy 1 or two (sometimes you have to buy one, then leave the store and come back in to get the discount on the second.) at this point, and I am good for a while. The price is about $1.00/motor. This is just dirt cheap for 18mm BP motors!!

:cool:

Back