What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Accepted an offer on my old house and then celebrated by changing rear brakes - pads, rotors, and parking brake shoes- on my daughters Camry.
I heard the average home now require an income of $114k or something like that. Ten years ago? $34K or thereabouts.

I heard the average home now require an income of $114k or something like that. Ten years ago? $34K or thereabouts.
It’s gone crazy…. We bought the house that we’re selling for 70,000 in 2002.

The house we just bought we offered 70,000 OVER the asking price and still came in third (we had no contingencies and offered a 45 day close).

It’s gone crazy…. We bought the house that we’re selling for 70,000 in 2002.

The house we just bought we offered 70,000 OVER the asking price and still came in third (we had no contingencies and offered a 45 day close).
WOW....just WOW You must live in LA or NYC

WOW....just WOW You must live in LA or NYC

The income requirements were quoted as average in the USA. It is more like $104k... But still... Demand exceeds supply almost everywhere. And interest rates don't make it any easier. However, yes in my case I live in Los Angeles County.

You are right about Los Angeles tho:

Quoted from realtor.com

For the first time on record, the median price of a single-family home in Los Angeles County has surpassed $900,000, according to data released Wednesday by the California Association of Realtors

PS: Sorry about you leaving the LPR forum. I thought my build thread was 'ok'.

Hopefilly, you were not 10 miles from home. It would be good for you muscles, but you woudl hurt for a few days trying ot make it home.
I made it back with only 1 of the 3 red lights on. The batteries are original and are 6 years old but I've just been trying to see how long they will actually go. I have another one-year-old set of batteries (that came out of my new powerchair), to put in the old chair when needed

Watched my daughters boys as she had something special to do, while my wife was working on getting into her car after,she locked herself out at the grocery store.

Weekend. Saturday was spent prepping the bathroom and toilet for painting, then put some primer on the skirting boards and architraves. Had to do a quick trip to the hardware store for gap filler first. Also tried my new cordless caulking gun. Way too fast for filling fine gaps with a small nozzle on the cartridge. Will be great for larger sealing and caulking though. Sunday went out for lunch to our favourite distillery with some friends to celebrate their birthday and my wife's birthday. Spent way too much on gin and rum at the shop on the way out.

The income requirements were quoted as average in the USA. It is more like $104k... But still... Demand exceeds supply almost everywhere. And interest rates don't make it any easier. However, yes in my case I live in Los Angeles County.

You are right about Los Angeles tho:

Quoted from realtor.com

For the first time on record, the median price of a single-family home in Los Angeles County has surpassed $900,000, according to data released Wednesday by the California Association of Realtors

PS: Sorry about you leaving the LPR forum. I thought my build thread was 'ok'.
Seattle's median price is $823K, so one needs a household income around $215K to buy the median. LA is $237K and SF is >$400K.

Had a 'telemed' visit with Pain Management. Turned into a phone conversation when video and audio couldn't connect simultaneously. So I'll have a bill from them for about $15. For a bloody ten-minute phone call. Oh well, rather do that than drive an hour each way to their office in Paducah.

Shovelling 5" of cold wet snow at Dad's place - the first snow of the season and definitely NOT the last. He's 93 and not able to get around as much as he used to. Unfortunately, the creeping vines on the sidewalk perimeter weren't weed wacked first so that will be a chore later on.

Seattle's median price is $823K, so one needs a household income around $215K to buy the median. LA is $237K and SF is >$400K.
My sister in law's house just sold for about $280k, what income would it take to afford something like that? It was a good looking house, everything in very good shape, brick exterior, 3br, 2.5bath, 2 car garage, 1480SF, located in Bedford, TX. Zillow thinks it's worth $346k.
Actually the first house I bought in the same area was similar but a bit smaller, only one bath but more living areas, and cost $37k.

Troubleshot the electrical system in the toy hauler. A small leak under the bathroom sink caused massive corrosion in the fuse box/inverter:
2023-10-24 toyhauler electrical.jpg
Sprayed the buss bars and fuse box with a contact cleaner called DeoxIT, loosened and tightened all the screws and fixed the problem.

My sister in law's house just sold for about $280k, what income would it take to afford something like that? It was a good looking house, everything in very good shape, brick exterior, 3br, 2.5bath, 2 car garage, 1480SF, located in Bedford, TX. Zillow thinks it's worth $346k.
Actually the first house I bought in the same area was similar but a bit smaller, only one bath but more living areas, and cost $37k.
Guessing around $70K income to afford that house, just based on ratios of cost and income.

My sister in law's house just sold for about $280k,. Zillow thinks it's worth $346k.
I remember years ago a realtor telling me that the national association of realtors had filed complaints about Zillow as their listings are mostly outdated, and the prices are nowhere near the normal prices. we found that looking on the internet listings,and then show our realtor a picture from Zillow, and he would look it up and find out that the house sold 6 months earlier but they kept the listing up. So the realtor associations we're trying to get Zillow banned Nationwide

Back