What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VP told me up to industry standards. He did not do the work. He would not even come out until this morning, after it was done. I will say though, the shingle job looks nice, but the metal work is some of the worse I have seen. Roofers should not have been done the metal.

Watching “Beyond the time barrier”
Delta Dart featured time traveling Jet..
I knew there was something special about those Jets.
528,000 Foot altitude ! Rocket engine equipped lol
290C4AF1-4393-4996-B4CD-ED319C897450.jpeg

VP told me up to industry standards...
I promise not to keep flogging the point after this one last time. You really need to get a second opinion from a different and reputable contractor. Of course the VP was going to tell you that, since it's his cash (and maybe his ass) on the line.

As far as I can tell, I succeeded in bunny hopping with my hybrid commuter bike today. Not high, just over a bump in the pavement. I clarify that I do not have any straps or clips. I just have new steel pedals that nicely bite into regular sporting shoes, and I hopped and I didn't feel anything from the back wheel. After watching a few videos about this a few months ago and forgetting about it, I spontaneuosly tried again today and it freaking worked! I'm probably more excited about this than a normal person should be, but I'll take it!

As far as I can tell, I succeeded in bunny hopping with my hybrid commuter bike today. Not high, just over a bump in the pavement. I clarify that I do not have any straps or clips. I just have new steel pedals that nicely bite into regular sporting shoes, and I hopped and I didn't feel anything from the back wheel. After watching a few videos about this a few months ago and forgetting about it, I spontaneuosly tried again today and it freaking worked! I'm probably more excited about this than a normal person should be, but I'll take it!

Live to Ride.... Ride to Live!

002.JPG

I promise not to keep flogging the point after this one last time. You really need to get a second opinion from a different and reputable contractor. Of course the VP was going to tell you that, since it's his cash (and maybe his ass) on the line.
Actually spoke with our building insp today. When he saw the pics his reply was " OMG are you fu#&king kiddin?" Point blank will not pass his inspection he said. Also found all the manufactures install guide. Nothing they recommend was done. Overlap way short, no face nails, anywhere, the bends are required to be made on a 10' brake, not with a pair of pliers. Will be filling a complaint with the State Dept of Labor and Industry. Building Insp said that is who would take their license and they would be put out of business.

Actually spoke with our building insp today. When he saw the pics his reply was " OMG are you fu#&king kiddin?" Point blank will not pass his inspection he said. Also found all the manufactures install guide. Nothing they recommend was done. Overlap way short, no face nails, anywhere, the bends are required to be made on a 10' brake, not with a pair of pliers. Will be filling a complaint with the State Dept of Labor and Industry. Building Insp said that is who would take their license and they would be put out of business.
Good luck, it truly sucks to have to go through this sort of thing.

@Funkworks Bunnyhopping is an important skill, especially on a commuter when you might be riding on and off sidewalks or down roads with potholes or other debris you might not encounter on a road bike. Congrats on learning how without cheating yourself.

Yesterday, but anyhow. Weather was perfect, the boys had off (virtual) school, and I have built up a lot of PTO this year. Hence, I submitted my 2021 budget a day early, and took the rest of the week off...best to give the finance folks a day or two to calm down anyway.

Threw some food in the car, along with the hiking stuff, and A LOT OF WATER, and off to Enchanted Rock State Park for the day. A good time was had by all, and even stopped in West, TX for kolaches (both ways).

20201008_113112.jpg

20201008_114135.jpg

What are those?

A type of pastry. They also have savory stuffed versions, my favorite is the sausage and sauerkraut, though pulled pork and chopped brisket are also excellent. West, TX has multiple excellent Czech bakeries that specialize in such things. This pic is from Slovacek’s, though many folks prefer the Czech Stop on the Northbound side of the interstate...both are highly likely to satisfy.

1602298920633.jpeg

Attending the MARS Fall Finale. So far, five up, all five down, and five successful retrievals with trivial damage. Much better than my last launch day. The wind was high, so we kept the rockets low.
  1. A scratcher I call Dispensable on a B6. Perfect flight.
  2. A Fliskits Frick-n-Frack on a C6 to an A8. Arced way over before staging, and any "normal" sustainer would have land sharked, but Frack just sort of fell out of the air.
  3. An Ester Solar Flare modded for an 18 mm sustainer motor on a C6 to A8 again. The launch lugs were a little out of spec and rubbed on the rod. I added some powdered graphite and it felt OK. But it strained to climb the rod, came off very slow with a fraction of a second's burn before staging. I don't know how it managed to fare so well, but the only damage was the glue joint in the two piece nose cone.
  4. Another scratcher, Justin Time, that I threw together in the last few days to bring here. At the last moment I realized that I had used the same non spec launch lug stock as on the Solar Flare, so I scrubbed it.
  5. An Apogee Slo-Mo on a D16. Perfect flight.
  6. Dispensable again, on a C6. Perfect flight, but a loooong walk.
Waiting now for the pot luck supper. We brought too much baked ziti.

A type of pastry. They also have savory stuffed versions, my favorite is the sausage and sauerkraut, though pulled pork and chopped brisket are also excellent. West, TX has multiple excellent Czech bakeries that specialize in such things. This pic is from Slovacek’s, though many folks prefer the Czech Stop on the Northbound side of the interstate...both are highly likely to satisfy.

View attachment 434452
Yer makin' this transplanted native-born Texan homesick!

And hungry, too!

Attending the MARS Fall Finale. So far, five up, all five down, and five successful retrievals with trivial damage. Much better than my last launch day. The wind was high, so we kept the rockets low.
  1. A scratcher I call Dispensable on a B6. Perfect flight.
  2. A Fliskits Frick-n-Frack on a C6 to an A8. Arced way over before staging, and any "normal" sustainer would have land sharked, but Frack just sort of fell out of the air.
  3. An Ester Solar Flare modded for an 18 mm sustainer motor on a C6 to A8 again. The launch lugs were a little out of spec and rubbed on the rod. I added some powdered graphite and it felt OK. But it strained to climb the rod, came off very slow with a fraction of a second's burn before staging. I don't know how it managed to fare so well, but the only damage was the glue joint in the two piece nose cone.
  4. Another scratcher, Justin Time, that I threw together in the last few days to bring here. At the last moment I realized that I had used the same non spec launch lug stock as on the Solar Flare, so I scrubbed it.
  5. An Apogee Slo-Mo on a D16. Perfect flight.
  6. Dispensable again, on a C6. Perfect flight, but a loooong walk.
Waiting now for the pot luck supper. We brought too much baked ziti.

Pics? Videos?

Took my roto-tiller over to my brother's house and tilled his garden under. Hardest part of it was loading and unloading it from the back of the truck.

My garden will be next weekend after I shread the corn and sunflower stalks.

Mowed the lawn before the rain started. Went to Lowe's and bought 20 bags of frink'n dirt (excuse me-garden soil), so the wife could fill the slight gap between the ground and our new vinyl fence. Also installed a couple trellises for her rose bushes and helped help relocate some plants because they weren't centered on the new fence posts. While working on the flower bed isn't my favorite thing to do, it does look good when everything is in bloom. Was able to get a couple cans of paint I needed after inventorying my supply.

Ran a Family Dollar inventory in Crawford, GA. Had 14 counters from the WalMart dedicated team. We were done counting in 3 hours. Wish I had those guys on every job!

Back