What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I moved the Sterite Containers that were under the desk part of the closet and moved the subwoofer out of the corner, onto the front wall in the middle. l put the containers back in the cubbyhole on the right side of the desk in the corner and moved a bunch of stuff around so that I can make available of the space that I have now under the desk in the closet.
Searched through some old VHS tapes and found a couple of trumpet performances I did 25 years ago.

Got up late again. My wife and I are having trouble sleeping at night. Our circadian rhythms are mixed up. It took a few hours until my morning meds kicked in. Went to the pharmacy, Home Depot, Walmart and Burger King. After we ate I cleaned my bathroom and emptied a litter box and tossed it. I replaced it with a bigger box. Hope the cats like it. We have 5 litter boxes, big ones, and the vet said we need at least 7 or more. 3 of the boxes are 2'x4' and the others are 18"x30". And do we go through litter.

Are they hiring where you work :p ?
yes...! there hiring. "Everyday's a Saturday."

you get hired on after you've had enough WORK! hahahaha.. i'm retired.. and we have a 38' Montana 5th wheel. our '18 f250 is at the point that i'm not trusting it anymore when were on the road. our '18 has over 151K miles and when we get the new '24, it'll be our last hurrah.. so go BIG! hahaha..

extended 3 speaker cables, made a subwoofer cable to be able to hook up another 18 inch sub that a friend is bringing back as he doesn't use it anymore.

hahahaha.. i'm retired.. and we have a 38' Montana 5th wheel. our '18 f250 is at the point that i'm not trusting it anymore when were on the road. our '18 has over 151K miles and when we get the new '24, it'll be our last hurrah.. so go BIG! hahaha..
My '18 Jeep does almost nothing but long road trips, but it is still just under 50k miles. When not doing road trips I almost never drive it, but today I did get out of the house and go to Sonic to pick up burgers. Tomorrow I'm heading to our local club launch.

Working for my dad I did my share of towing (driving a towtruck). For awhile years ago we had a very large tent camper (tiny by 5th wheel standards) and we did a lot of towing of it, one summer we put 7000 miles on it. I don't care for towing but sometimes I think my wife and I could use a smaller trailer, maybe 20', basically something we could tow with a more conventional vehicle and get farther out in the wilds with. My daughter and I do a lot of trips where we tent camp, my wife doesn't want to do any more tent camping. I'm trying to retire, I've been trying for 2 or 3 years. This week I worked 13 hours which amounted to one school band hall and 2 school gymnasiums. The 2 gymnasiums were designed as real storm shelters per current building codes.

Painters started throwing paint onto the walls today. First coat is done. This is the workshop.

View attachment 645970

Don't see any holes in the workshop ceiling in that photo, unlike the living area ceiling. What's the dream plan for workshop lighting, after all, its gotta be the main reason for building??

Don't see any holes in the workshop ceiling in that photo, unlike the living area ceiling. What's the dream plan for workshop lighting, after all, its gotta be the main reason for building??
Will probably run a cable tray just under the ceiling for the length of the workshop. Exposed for semi-industrial look and convenience. 300x900mm LED panels for lighting.

Did a few minor car maintenance tasks.

Looked at the brake warning light on the 2001 Mazda 323 SP20 - Brake fluid level was close, but not below, the min level on the reservoir. Opened the cap and lifted the float a little and the light went out, so I topped it up to the max level. Its due a service next week, so I'll get the brake pads changed if they are low, and drain/flush with fresh brake fluid.

Investigated the i-Stop warning light on the missus' 2019 Mazda 3 - Its one of these new-fangled cars with automatic engine stop/start when stopped in traffic, which is rough on the single car battery. Suspect its because the car doesn't get a great deal of use, just a couple of 10km short trips per day, so it doesn't give time for the battery to re-charge. Multi-meter said the battery was just 12.1V, so a bit low. Its a wet cell battery, so I unscrewed all 6 cell caps and found I had to add between 20ml and 35ml of water to all of them. Now its on a re-charger to rejuvenate it. According to the manual, one is supposed to have one's mechanic check one's electrolyte levels monthly!

Took my wife to get a hair cut. The older she has gotten the shorter her hair has gotten. It's shorter again. Came home for a couple of hours and then took her to a doctors appointment.

So, currently we have ordered our f250 in Antimatter Blue Metallic... soo cool looking and since its blue my fav color.. well likin' it!

and the dilemma..

the Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat.. and this is the one my wife likes.. a lot!

as for the interior, there's two options, black and cafe.. i'm sure ya'all know how the black looks so just one picture of the interior. i can make changes to the order up until the truck is scheduled, or the VIN is created. so i'm thinking about 30 days.. ish.

ron-

Attachments

• blue.png
    blue.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
  • red.gif
    red.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • interior.png
    interior.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Its one of these new-fangled cars with automatic engine stop/start when stopped in traffic, which is rough on the single car battery. Suspect its because the car doesn't get a great deal of use, just a couple of 10km short trips per day, so it doesn't give time for the battery to re-charge. Multi-meter said the battery was just 12.1V, so a bit low. Its a wet cell battery, so I unscrewed all 6 cell caps and found I had to add between 20ml and 35ml of water to all of them. Now its on a re-charger to rejuvenate it. According to the manual, one is supposed to have one's mechanic check one's electrolyte levels monthly!
Some people don't like the start/stop and search the internet for ways to disable it. My Jeep has it but that feature has not worked for the entire time I've owned it. I could have gone back to the dealer to have it fixed but preferred not having to deal with it. The Jeep BTW has 2 batteries so you don't run down your only battery sitting at a long traffic light and can't restart the engine.
If you don't drive the car that much you should consider a "battery tender" type of charger.
Checking electrolyte every month sounds excessive but maybe every 6 or 12 months.
Antimatter Blue Metallic... soo cool looking and since its blue my fav color.. well likin' it!
and the dilemma.. the Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat.. and this is the one my wife likes.. a lot!
I like the red- one of my cars is bright red, the other is more of a burgundy type color. The blue is a little dark for my taste. Strictly my opinion and my taste of course. YMMV.

So, currently we have ordered our f250 in Antimatter Blue Metallic... soo cool looking and since its blue my fav color.. well likin' it!

and the dilemma..

the Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat.. and this is the one my wife likes.. a lot!

as for the interior, there's two options, black and cafe.. i'm sure ya'all know how the black looks so just one picture of the interior. i can make changes to the order up until the truck is scheduled, or the VIN is created. so i'm thinking about 30 days.. ish.

ron-
I like the red with cafe interior. I like black too. My Mustang is black. Our first Explorer was Midnight Velvet Burgundy. Who comes up with the names of colors anyway. The current Explorer is black. They didn't have a red that we liked. The next one might be red if we like the red they have. You definitely have a dilemma.

I like the red with cafe interior. I like black too. My Mustang is black. Our first Explorer was Midnight Velvet Burgundy. Who comes up with the names of colors anyway. The current Explorer is black. They didn't have a red that we liked. The next one might be red if we like the red they have. You definitely have a dilemma.

T... It started with the color Taupe instead of just Sand which is Classic Taupe:

1716719836475.png

Some people don't like the start/stop and search the internet for ways to disable it.
although my son-in-laws suburban type Cadillac has that option, the F250 will not have this problem as it does not have it.. especially on any big turbo diesel engine.

this said, the F250 has two big group 65, 850 crank hr batteries for starting power. why two batteries... Glow plugs draw significantly more power, diesel motors take more power to crank as the combustion is much higher than a gasoline engine.. AND research shows that minimally drained and recharged batteries last longer than a batteries that are discharging large amounts of power before recharging..

r-

Checked in with work, church, scouts, & other friends. Happened to be in Hawaii when an F2-F3 went right through our neighborhood back home.

So far it seems we lost most of the trees and everything in the fridge and freezers; but house, truck, shop ( and rockets! ) are probably all fine.

Checked in with work, church, scouts, & other friends. Happened to be in Hawaii when an F2-F3 went right through our neighborhood back home.

So far it seems we lost most of the trees and everything in the fridge and freezers; but house, truck, shop ( and rockets! ) are probably all fine.
Good you were safely clear and your damage was manageable. Sorry for what you did lose though. Hope you can enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Went down to the Seattle Folklife festival with the family today and yesterday. Where else will you have a three-hour set of sea shanties 100 yards away from a marimba band? Today was a ska showcase, a few brass bands (Country Roads sounds better when played by a 13-piece brass band) and some Native hoop dancing.

Also, everything is better with three tubas on stage.
3A7C6E85-1228-414F-9A9F-1734F267DD1C.jpeg

T... It started with the color Taupe instead of just Sand which is Classic Taupe:

View attachment 647158
One of the jobs I had in the golf biz was the corporate apparel buyer for the 71 stores Nevada Bob's Golf company had at that time. The names of the colors changed every season but the actual colors didn't. Light blue would be Corn Flower one season and called something else the next.

Back