What can/should I do?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveman

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first post, I have been reading around the forum for awhile, but now I have finally decided to become a member. I appreciate the vast wealth of knowledge that is available here and I hope to occasionally add some of my own (as of right now) semi-limited knowledge.

Ok well I have a question. About a year ago my mom bought me some G reloads for my birthday and she mistakenly bought some reloads for casings that I dont own, and unfortunately I cant justify spending the money right now to buy the correct casings. The reloads include: 2-G77R/M which fit in the 29mm/120-180mm casings and 2-G79W/M which fit the 29mm/120-240mm casings. Would it be possible to sell them through this forum, or is that technically illegal? If so, what could I possibly do except buy the correct casings?

Can you go to a club launch and sell or trade it there? That is probably the easiest way of exchanging these reloads. Another possibility (again at a club launch) would be to borrow a reload case. That seems to happen rather frequently.

Welcome,

You can sell them, you just can't ship them to the buyer.
Have you attended any organized launches? That would be a good place to swap or sell your reloads. If not try to pickup some used hardware here under the Yardsale section or over on Rocketry Planet Auction page.

JD

Hey guys this is my first post, I have been reading around the forum for awhile, but now I have finally decided to become a member. I appreciate the vast wealth of knowledge that is available here and I hope to occasionally add some of my own (as of right now) semi-limited knowledge.

Ok well I have a question. About a year ago my mom bought me some G reloads for my birthday and she mistakenly bought some reloads for casings that I dont own, and unfortunately I cant justify spending the money right now to buy the correct casings. The reloads include: 2-G77R/M which fit in the 29mm/120-180mm casings and 2-G79W/M which fit the 29mm/120-240mm casings. Would it be possible to sell them through this forum, or is that technically illegal? If so, what could I possibly do except buy the correct casings?

Like Doug_Kosty said, joining a club and/or going to a launch is a very good option. If you can borrow a reload casing (people do that; it's not unusual), you can fly your rockets on the reloads that your mother so generously got for you (wow, what a nice thing to do!) without having to spring for the 29/120 RMS motor itself. But if you think that you will want to launch mid-power rockets on G motors now or in the future, some 29mm RMS cases aren't a bad investment. Fortunately, right at the moment Aerotech has a promotion called the 29 Special. This is a package deal that includes a 29/240 motor case, aft closure, forward seal disk, and the new 29mm Reload Adapter System. The RAS provides the hardware needed to adapt the 29/240 case to use reloads for that size, as well as reloads designed for the 29/180 case and the 29/120 case, all for the price of a 29/120 motor by itself ($60). (The package also includes the extended spacer that you would need if you ever buy the 29/360 motor and want to use the RAS with it.) The only possible problem with this deal in your case is that G77R and G79W reloads are the smallest reloads that you can use with this particular combination; all of the others are H reloads, which require high power Level 1 certification. If you wanted to use reloads smaller than the G77, you would still need to obtain other cases. But it's something to consider.

MK

Thanks everybody, I think I might go with what MarkII said and buy the different casings, especially since that deal is going on. I already own 2 of the 40-120 casings, but it would be nice to have the ability to launch higher power engines, especially since I have been wanting to get my level one cert for awhile.
Also I have been wanting to join a club, I actually tried to join DARS, but it seems that they never received my membership application because I never received a reply, and I mailed it in over 7 months ago. Thanks again everybody for the help.

Back