What are you working on?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8-9-11003.jpg

NASAs latest high altitude research rocket. the “Nantucket Sound”

These are the jokes people; keep up.

Nice! And a great flyer too.

Nice looking flying lighthouse!

Not building anything at the moment. I'm doing the Rocket Hospital doctor thing at the moment.

Currently an old MPC Time Traveler is on the operating cradle at the moment. One fin broke off a few years back, and the other three were taste tested by a hungry kitty. The operation has been a success, but now I get to repaint it, which is difficult with the hot weather we've had recently.

Other than that, I epoxyed fins on an Estes Bandito earlier this week, I'm prepping an elliptical fin Deuce's Wild for paint, and repainting my first Deuce's Wild after I decided I hated the paint scheme I put on it in addition to the fin edges needing touch up. I'm repainting it in it's hang tag configuration.

Final phases of a Semroc Arcon-Hi build (sweet looking rocket.). Almost ready to prime and I began stretching an Estes CC Express to accommodate an E engine. I also received a Moon Glo from Semroc with my last order..I love the retro look of this! (plus it's whimsical, what's not to like?) Fins are sanded and shaped and began filling seams last night.

Will have photos later.
:cheers:

Steve

I built a wildchild last night.
no pics yet. needs some paint.
beveled the fins with a metal file this time, worked great.

My kids saw a Porta-Pot-Shot launch - now they want me to convert one of their TARDIS piggy-banks into a rocket...

What Im working on:
1 this post.
2 4in rocket "the spartan"
3 Estes Comanchee 3
4 Crayon/tubefin rocket
5 "squashed squat" a fiberglass downscale of the madcow squat (with an even shorter body tube)(look for a build thread soon!)

Hello everyone,

Just getting back into model rocketry after about 10 years off.

I have just completed my Estes SR-71 Blackbird and getting ready to primer.

While waiting for all of the glue to set I also completed an Estes Viking for a little side project.

Just purchased an Estes QCC Explorer

I loved that old sr-71 I too have just gotten back into the hobby thanks to my teaching it to my classes. I just had to do something with the left over bits. Anyway I remember making a few mosquitoes and the SR-71 ans a kid. My patients was not high as a then and I remember the maiden flight went up around and stuck into the roof of the house :)

Now I have a box full of fancy kits and am working on a herc-5, tau zero and some custom thing I havent named yet. hopefully my patients will be better now than it was 20 years ago :)

-Z

Just received 2 kits in the mail from NewWay Space Models: 4 Square and Sky Spike. All their rockets have square body tubes. Very high quality parts. They seem to only be available on eBay, although they do have a website. Looking forward to the builds this weekend.

1. Homework,:eek:
2. Finishing up a semroc little joe II (Very high quality kit,that escape tower was loads of fun)
3. finishing up a stick n tissue P-40
4. I have a box with some bt-20, a nose, and left over balsa stock from a project, trying to come up with a design to build while homework is light:caffeine:

Maxi Alpha - is getting some more wood filling and primer to cover up and mask the plastic-to-paper-tube interfaces. I wet sanded too hard and got water down in a dime-size spot of wood filler, so that whole spot had to come out. I'm thinking of trying some automotive filler primer. You can see the old red primer layer, and the new grey with the hole in it.

Big Bertha - Stripping a failed (cloudy) krylon clear coat on my that I applied one morning when it was like 105% humidity. Very hard and un-fun sanding.

Mean Machine - is my easiest job of the day, or most difficult depending on how you look at it... waiting for paint layer to cure. MM is gonna get a "sounding rocket" paint styling rather than the standard black.

All 3 might fly today though because its a nice day, and I wanna go put stuff in the air :clap:

MA1.jpg

EKEN0002.jpg

EKEN0006.jpg

EKEN0007.jpg

EKEN0008.jpg

I have a week off work (yippee!) Now to really jump into some builds. Well after it gets dark and the bugs would carry me off if still outside. Anyway. I have just finished a tri-force and am especially proud of my Tau Zero. Now to finish the Herc-5 (agonizing over colors (stalled)) and decide what to start on now. The Interstellar Probe or Ion Pulsar, or both. :) My Fiance' on the other hand has no problem deciding which rockets to build. I think she starts them all at once. I really like the "Gummy Worm" she just finished. She is working on a mini red max, space eagle, mosquito, reflector, interplanetary shuttle, vulture, morning star, and a squatty body. I am going to get lots of painting practice. ( I get to do the spraying ) Oh well, I can live with that. :)

Jesse

gummyworm1of1.jpg

myque1of1.jpg

que1of1-2.jpg

workspace1of1.jpg

P.S.
I could use a PM on a better way to insert pictures, like i've seen else ware on this site. the ones that expand when clicked on. or is it just me :)

Last edited:
I posted too soon. USPS just dropped an outlander on my door step. I may have to take some pictures as I build that one :)

-Z

Everything above the Saturn Vs BT-101 was trashed by a prang on the first launch. Estes provided replacement BTs, wraps for the BT-80 and wood. I had to scratch the centering rings, upper (LM) Transition and 2 of the RCS nozzles. I 3d-Modeled and got Shapeways.com to print the big Transition.

CN Tower is a complete scratchbuild. Each fin is comprised of 4 pieces of balsa sandwiching 2 pieces of basswood. All 18 pieces were cut laser-cut by BalsaMachining.com (they can't do longer than 17" and I needed 27"). The Main Deck Pod and everything from the SkyPod up were Shapeways prints of 3d Models which I've shown elsewhere on the forum. I need to lighten the paint to get the concrete color right and I don't think my airbrush skills are quite up to doing the "Friday Lines" in the concrete.

SatV-CN.JPG

just a bullpup.. I love this rocket.. I hope to keep this one from landing on top of a factory warehouse this time :rolleyes:

..dont care much for the peel and stick decals though. well, wet decals annoy me as well, but at least they're not raised and grab fingerprint funk

pup.jpg

At the moment....nothing. In fact other than fixing/cannibalizing a few rockets a couple weeks back, I haven't worked on anything or built anything since LDRS last year.

Back