What are G10 Fin shapes?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornyl

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was looking at the Naram 51 coverage in Sport Rocketry.
There is a reference to models using "G10" fins in streamer recovery.
I know this refers to the shape of the fin
Is there a chart that references different fin shapes? :confused2:
Thanks,
CornyL

G-10 i s commonly used for making electronic circuits--typically both sides are clad with copper, then etched to make circuit traces. A common variant is FR-4, a fire resistant version of G-10. It is most easily cut with a sheet metal shear.

G10/FR4 Garolite, sometimes referred to as Epoxy Grade industrial laminate, Phenolic, Bakelite and Wafferglass is a Fiberglass cloth material laminated with epoxy resins.
There are a number of grades but the Thinner material is generally in the FR4 catagory. available in thicknesses as thin as .005" but more commonly seen in .010, .015 and .020". it can be cut with household scissors, hobby knife or Shears. Sands just like fibreglass....cause it is LOL!

because of this super thin, rigid profile it can slice through the air with less drag. The trade off is it can be a bit heaver then even thicker wood and laminated composite materials. Very KEWL stuff for lot of flying tho

440a-sm_TaperPaper 18-13mm PD&SD_03-16-00.jpg

Last edited:
Back