What apps are you using with Bluetooth and Eggfinder

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So weather it's Android or ios. Those of you using Bluetooth for data collection and tracking what are you using for such? I'd like to collect the flight data and if possible use the Bluetooth to give some mapping. My unit does have handheld GPS module so the hand held unit can guide me. But I'd like more info as I also have the Bluetooth enabled as well.

I'd be interested in hearing this too... I've heard that GPS Rocket Locator is apparently no longer available on GooglePlay, and some of the other apps don't work with the newer versions of IOS/Android. I think the OP is looking for a real-time tracking app... something to draw a track. Maps are nice, but not everything.

I'd be interested in hearing this too... I've heard that GPS Rocket Locator is apparently no longer available on GooglePlay, and some of the other apps don't work with the newer versions of IOS/Android. I think the OP is looking for a real-time tracking app... something to draw a track. Maps are nice, but not everything.

I've been playing with rocket track and while some of it functions the data portion does not work with recording data of the flight or recovery due to newer version of Android. Seems only version 8 of Android functions well. Rocket locator is still on the play store but due to ceased support of the developer and that Google maps and its interface aren't co working together its not reliable and has crashing issues. Some have suggested is a bluegps issue. I've added the bluegps app with it but not sure how to interface the 2.

Cris is correct. I'd like more than just tracking the tracking.

I do have access to both Android and ios mobile devices. Ones current Android 11 and the other current ios on an iPhone 7

I just picked up a new android phone with Android 10 installed. I was able to install Rocket Locator from GooglePlay and it works just fine with the Eggfinder Rx with the Bluetooth module. Haven't put it in a rocket yet but I left the Rx and phone in my driveway and carried the Tx and rode my bike around the neighborhood and it kept up with me. Mostly. Even with a good size antenna on both ends, a dozen houses tend to block the signal at times.

I'm also using rocket locator with an egg finder on a Galaxy S10+, it gives a warning about it being made for an older version of Android but it works fine as far as I can tell.

I use Rocket Locator with a Moto G5 Plus, Android 8.1.0. It works fine for me with downloaded Goggle maps. I use the HC-06 Bluetooth interface on my Eggfinder LCD receiver. I also use the data logger that Cris sells for the TX unit. I then read the data on Goggle Earth Pro and get a ground trace and a "3D" look. I, too, carry a handheld GPS unit that I use to "sight and go" so I can get an idea of direction to start walking.

Back