iOS Apps for Eggfinder with Bluetooth

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordan.jacob

Reaction score
I've seen some threads about using an updated Bluetooth connection with iOS devices and the Eggfinder LCD. From what I've seen, these typically read the raw NMEA stream but don't show a map setup similar to GPS Rocket Locator on Android. Does anyone suggest using iOS with Bluetooth or a good locator program?

You're not gonna find one. iOS doesn't support external serial data streams using "classic" Bluetooth. That's why the vendors that have iOS apps use BLE... and have to write special apps for it. Android DOES support Bluetooth serial feeds, which is why the Bluetooth navigation apps are all for Android.

You're not gonna find one. iOS doesn't support external serial data streams using "classic" Bluetooth. That's why the vendors that have iOS apps use BLE... and have to write special apps for it. Android DOES support Bluetooth serial feeds, which is why the Bluetooth navigation apps are all for Android.
I swapped it out for a BLE adapter. I'm just trying to find out if there is an app for iOS that can read the data. Seems like the most recent thread was from 2017.

It would have to read NMEA data and map it. Let me know if you find one... we've been shipping Bluetooth since 2014 and the go-to live tracking app has always been GPS Rocket Locator for Android.

Back