Quantcast

What’s on your bench

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

John Kemker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
John, are you completely moved now? I hope it went well. I hate moving. Now it is time to play "What box did I put that in?".
Yes! I've been playing that game, along with, "Honey, where's the box marked such-and-such? Storage? Why'd it go to storage? It was marked 'Office!'"

Bill Heath

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a K&B 3.5cc outboard from around 1976? Broke in and then abandoned for rockets.

jqavins

Joseph Avins
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I had to clean up a big mess I'd made of my rocket work area a couple of weeks ago. Yours is WAY worse.

mbeels

Yes balsa
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, I need to clean this up. About the only space I have to work on is the cutting board on the chair.
Impressive, BABAR. That is truly mad rocket scientist level. So this is the laboratory where all those wild, spinning, assymetric rockets come from.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Impressive, BABAR. That is truly mad rocket scientist level. So this is the laboratory where all those wild, spinning, assymetric rockets come from.
Most of them were built on the cutting board!

mo2872

Reaction score
I’ve been on a 14 day COVID exposure lockdown......let’s just say I “got my Estes on” while hiding in the shop 20 hours a day, waiting for symptoms.......Vapor, ESAM-58, Mean Machine, repaired an old Saturn V, and just for fun, built a Red Max.

Attachments

mo2872

Reaction score
Sorry for the sideways........(fixed it!)

For the record, never got symptoms, and had a negative test result yesterday

Last edited:

XrayLizard

Reaction score
All scratch, a Alpha upgrade style,
A maybe Mach 1 fin shredding body tube collapsing rocket and a boost glidah
On the porch tomorrow... 20mm alum extrusion for a tower launcher... for that “open rocket says Mach 1+ small and dangerous rocket” hahaha

Brian Ditmer

Reaction score
I've got three rockets waiting for paint. I have to paint outside here, and the temps are just too high..hopefully soon, although we're supposed to hit 116 today

John Kemker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for an HVLP spray gun to paint rockets with. Unfortunately, the Home Depot Husky set that I bought only has either 1.8 mm or 1.4 mm nozzles available. The Createx water-based acrylics I have for the project(s) need no larger than a 1.3 mm nozzle. Got my unused Husky set on Craigslist and am looking for an affordable, yet decent, replacement.

John Kemker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Harbor Freight detail/touch up gun........0.8mm needle
Yeah, but I'm not too keen on their low-priced lines. They've got some great stuff that's a bit more expensive (Bauer, Hercules, Icon, etc.) but their low-priced stuff is hit or miss. Having watched a few videos about using their Central Pneumatic spray guns with the paint system I'm planning on using, I'm not so sure I want to go that route. Evidently, it takes a lot of fiddling around in order to get a good finish. Something in the $50 to $90 range designed for water-based paints is more what I'm looking for. (Don't get me wrong: I own a good chunk of HF products, even their budget lines and am part of their Inside Track club. Just not impressed with their spray guns for this application.)

Latest posts