The Bertha has been our favorite rocket so far. So I started with that but tried my hand at a few new things. Probably too many at one time. TTW basswood to a 29mm mount Clear payload section Apogee strap on boosters At the last minute I threw on a nose cone that matched the boosters. Nomex chute protector. I Sim'd this thing with a Bertha nose cone when I had a working pc about a year ago. The rest I just winged. First launch was on a C6-5. That's a great motor for a standard Bertha but it turns out I added way more weight than I anticipated per the sim. It launched ok but the delay was too long. It lawn darted. I quickly cut the visibly damaged section off (about 1.5"), removed the payload section, and strapped the boosters on. C6-5, A8, A8. Jumped off the rod quick! But 1 booster out performed. The rocket took a turn, boosters peeled away correctly, but rocket was once again too low for a proper recovery. The ejection charge clearly lit but it didn't pop the nose cone. This time it landed like a plane. With FAR more damage. No wind on either launch. I should have started with more motor in the main. I probably should have larger fins for stability in case of uneven power distribution. I can't help but wonder if the nomex was used wrong and caused the lack of ejection. I should have weighed it. Love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to tell me what else I did wrong and what I should change next time around. Sim is currently not an option.