• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Wanted - Estes SR-71

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosko_racer

Reaction score
Folks, I am looking to build at least one (maybe two) of the latest Estes SR-71. I am watching into Ebay but wanted to check here first. I will be happy in getting a partially built kit, crashed but salvagable one, or the plastic parts. I have an idea on how to repro die-cut embossed paper. I am not really looking to pay top dollar for an entire sealed kit as it will be built. Post and we will discuss via PM. Thanks.

- RPR

They are in stock at my local hobby lobby all the time. I could pick 2 of them up for you if you have no luck finding them from anyone.

Forget Ebay. While they are no longer in the Estes line up there are plenty still in circulation. Michael's, Hobby Lobby and online stores still have a few.

I went into one of the local HL last month and got the only 2 on the rack. Went back the following week and there were 2 more. Seems they only put out 2 at a time but will tell you everything they have is out.

Verna
www.vernarockets.com

I have a few in various condition. If you are just looking for the hard to get parts (i.e. wraps and plastic parts) I might have something for you. Sad part is that with a 40% off coupon at Michaels etc, you'd probably do better to buy the whole kit, instead of just the parts + shipping. . .

If you have a hard time finding one, let me know and I'll dig out what I've got and you can make an offer.

Sandy.

I have (3) sealed kits and one partial kit. Only thing missing on the partial is the inner fins. I got a kit that had warped balsa. The other fins are sealed and ready to glue to the airframe and so is the engine mount with Kevlar #100. If I was to continue building the kit I would find some quality balsa or use card stock for the inner fin sections. At least that was my plan. Wraps are excellent, nose cone all the plastic and tubing are new.

If you just want what's left of that one kit that is partially assembled you can have it $10. PM me and we can discuss it further.

Last edited:
I have a few in various condition. If you are just looking for the hard to get parts (i.e. wraps and plastic parts) I might have something for you. Sad part is that with a 40% off coupon at Michaels etc, you'd probably do better to buy the whole kit, instead of just the parts + shipping. . .

If you have a hard time finding one, let me know and I'll dig out what I've got and you can make an offer.

Sandy.

Sandy

Not sure, but Michael's has discontinued their individual kits, let alone trying to find an SR-71. All they have now are basic 3 fin rocket kits, which include a launch pad and controller. At least here in CA where I live. There might be a couple hobby shops that still have them in stock, but I think the kit is OOP?

Thanks to everyone who posted. I got the half-built one from RocketManDan and plan to order from one of two online vendors this week.

- RPR

Back