(WANTED) A tube template for a 29mm body tube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retrospace101

That Deceptively Quiet Kid...
Reaction score
Hi and good day to you!

I am trying to find a cardstock tube template for a 29mm body tube, apparently I have no casing/couplers that I could use for a surface, if any could recommend me some that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1" EMT (electrical metal conduit) has an OD of 1.16", which is just about perfect as a mandrel for 29 mm tubing. A 10' length is just a few dollars at Lowes et al. Take a caliper along to check, just in case.

Best -- Terry

PayloadBay.Com has a fin wrap marking guide tool. Just cut it to the max length of the paper and you can roll an 11" long 29mm tube, or any other diameter.
https://www.payloadbay.com/index.php?page=Tools&action=FINWRAPS
For 29mm power, though, I would recommend making the entire tube at least two-ply 100# cardstock, maybe three. So, you could make the single layer template, but the outer layer would have to be a little bit longer to get the overlap to account for paper thickness. It would be easier with a mandrel to measure how much paper you need, it will be slightly longer than twice the circumference of a 29 mm motor. When I wrap over a mandrel, I like to put down one layer of copy paper first, to allow for tolerance, then you can wrap it tightly around the paper covered motor casing, and be sure that a motor will fit without being too tight.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 2.01.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 2.01.52 PM.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back