Wandavision

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Modern Family had been my giuess....but it's the wrong decade. They've literally been doing one decade at a time. Episode 7 would have been the 2000's. Presumably Episode 8 the 2010's, and the season finale, "now".

The show style they were doing was "The Office". It did the "mockumentary" interview into the camera style first (as a comedy TV show that is, or at least best known to TV viewers). Rewatch the opening theme song and how the various images go by. It's far more like The Office than Modern Family.
I did think the theme song reminded me a bit of The Office.

It's not for everyone. But if you stick with it slowly reveals itself to be fully in the Marvel Avengers universe. By episode 4 it's all-in.
Yes, the first couple or three episodes are a bit disorienting but neil_w has it right - it’s a slow burn, with a lot of “inside baseball” stuff that pulls from the MCU and the comic books. But by the 4 episode it all starts to jell...

Yes, the first couple or three episodes are a bit disorienting but neil_w has it right - it’s a slow burn, with a lot of “inside baseball” stuff that pulls from the MCU and the comic books. But by the 4 episode it all starts to jell...
Well, I never read the Marvel comics, I was more into DC, mostly Superman, as a kid. I did see the Spiderman and Fantastic 4 TV cartoon shows). And was aware of Iron Man comics and Thor (didn't even recall seeing X-men comics until the movies came out). So, most of the characters in Iron Man and Avengers and all rest of the "MCU" characters, I found out about from the movies.

That was why, when I referred to the outfits being worn in the Halloween episode, I had to google to see if that ugly green/yellow costume Vision wore had any Easter Egg relevance... and wow it sure did. I had no clues about Wanda and Vision's history in the comics, only the Avengers movies. And therefore SO GLAD I knew nothing whatsoever about a certain character in this show, that all the fanbois predicted various stuff about, due tp the comics. I did not know any comics history about so-and-so. And the only reason I know what some fanbois were saying is from later watching reaction videos, after seeing the episode already. But I'm cutting out the reactors who love to "guess" or predict what will happen next or who some other characters may be, or motives. I to try to keep under the radar more from any "guess or predictive spoilers" for the last two episodes. Heck, I have to avoid Youtube and Facebook when the new episodes come out, until I can see see the episode. Too many idiots want to blab spoilers in the titles of their videos, like "everybody" watches the show in under 24 hours after it came out (I usually can't)

Anyway, I enjoyed the first 3 episodes for what they were. And it was becoming more and more obvious that there had to be some weird stuff going on, worth finding out about what/why later. And wow did episode 4 pay off a big chunk of it.

Holy crap!

Episode 4: "Let me clue you in on what's been going on...."

Episode 8: "Here, hold my beer....."

Also, important mid-credits scene at 39:41

One more episode, next week.

Last edited:
nope, let's just leave it at that to keep from creating enemies on here 🤪
Everything simply isn’t for everyone. I had a friend/coworker, smart guy, history degree, former cop, well versed in his particular technical specialty - hadn’t read a fiction book since college English class and couldn’t see why ANYONE would waste their time reading fiction. The ongoing interest in British “costume dramas” (like that something or other abbey show) leaves me totally puzzled - I barely made it through two episodes but I didn’t care for Upstairs/Downstairs as a kid either. So no worries - just because comic book TV and movie stuff is popular doesn’t make it universal.

Besides, since the Jericho missile in Ironman there hasn’t been much if anything relatable to rocketry in the MCU...😉

Edit: I’m thoroughly enjoying Wandavision, almost as much as I enjoyed the Marvel/Netflix Punisher, Daredevil and Jessica Jones series (Luke Cage and Iron Fist were just ok, IMO).

Last edited:
Marvel and DC Comics have announced an upcoming crossover TV show that will remind viewers of the classic 1950's Superman and today's WandaVision.

It will be titled...

I7kVIGn.jpg

SuperVision

Scene from pilot episode: "Some re-assembly required"

iLE7199.jpg

Some upcoming episodes by decade:

1960's episode: "My Favorite Kryptonian and sentient andriod with powers"

1970's episode: "Welcome Back, Kal-El"

1980's episode: "Clark & Vision & Mindy"

and of course the 1990's episode: "Super Friends"

Last edited:
What the heck is that device that says stark industry that powers vision at the end of episode 8?

What the heck is that device that says stark industry that powers vision at the end of episode 8?
The “old tech” drone Monica piloted into the Hex when she tried using it to communicate with Wanda. Director Hayward armed it without her knowing and when they tried to take Wanda out she booted it back outside the Hex - which “charged” it with Wanda’s Mindstone enhanced chaos energy.

The “old tech” drone Monica piloted into the Hex when she tried using it to communicate with Wanda. Director Hayward armed it without her knowing and when they tried to take Wanda out she booted it back outside the Hex - which “charged” it with Wanda’s Mindstone enhanced chaos energy.
... *obviously*. ;)

(I didn't fully understand this until I read a summary of the episode)

That look like a tiny Estes glider she first threw in. The tony stark drone seems much bigger.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I would just like to say that IDGAF about these comic based movies and tv shows. Some have been entertaining, but most are so far off the track of the original that they are originals in their own right and most of them suck. Just a personal opinion. Have a lovely day. :)

I would just like to say that IDGAF about these comic based movies and tv shows. Some have been entertaining, but most are so far off the track of the original that they are originals in their own right and most of them suck. Just a personal opinion. Have a lovely day. :)
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Well, Episode 9 is out.

Wow.

Mid-credits scene at 41:44

And also... END CREDITS SCENE at 45:38

Do not stand bye......

Last edited:
That was a hell of a finale. Big action but also a bit gut-wrenching emotionally. It looks to me like they are setting up Wanda to be a very important character in the future.

I was thinking that I might have enjoyed the series in its entirety more than any one of the Marvel movies. ~6 hours of material gave them time to really work through everything without ever feeling rushed. My 14-year old daughter, who up until now has assiduously avoided any of the Marvel movies, was totally into it, and almost crying during the finale.

Before this series, Vision was not a particularly interesting character; now I want to see lots more of him. To a certain extent that was true with Wanda as well... not anymore. :)

Terrific stuff. It's amazing how deftly the Marvel cinematic universe is managed.

It looks to me like they are setting up Wanda to be a very important character in the future.

I was wondering which way she'd turn out at the end of the show, since Scarlet Witch has been villainous when she isn't on the good guys side

Darn good show and great finale. The slown burn of the first three episodes didn't move along like I wanted, but after watching the whole series, it was appropriate. Fortunately one can stream them all in a row now instead of waiting weeks to get into the meat of the series. Well written, great production value, and very entertaining.

I was wondering which way she'd turn out at the end of the show, since Scarlet Witch has been villainous when she isn't on the good guys side
I think Scarlet Witch is going to be a big part of the next Dr Strange movie - that’s one of the reasons there was so much speculation about him showing up during the Wandavision finale - but I liked the way they went, keeping the resolution “internal” to the story without introducing any deux ex machina last minute arrival of other main MCU characters. Setting up Capt Rambeau as the next director of SWORD was a nice touch too. The movie title “The Tannhauser Gate” on the theater marquee was an interesting deep cut reference to the death of Rutger Hauer’s artificial human character Roy Batty in Bladerunner, though it looks like Vision isn’t really gone now that White Vision has all his memories back. Considering how much setting up they did for future MCU stories the Wandavision series was fun and interesting in its own right.

"What happened to White Vision" was my big question at the end. Didn't make sense to me that he would just disappear.
As far as a logical outcome I think you are correct but for the story up to that point to work out as the makers of the show intended it didn’t. A more conventional outcome would have been a new, blended version of Hex Vision and White Vision to emerge from their battle and save the day but that doesn’t work if Scarlet Witch is to be the initial “fake-out” frenemy villain in Dr Strange II. Having her hear Tommy and Billy calling for help as she astral reads the Darkhold book during the post credit scene is probably setting her up for being manipulated by someone (Mephisto, I’d guess?) into opposition to Dr Strange. They do make some logical sacrifices in each individual piece of the MCU in order for the overarching storylines to move along - so far that’s been forgivable considering the outcome.

Back