Holy Persistence, Batman!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you/Were you/Did you

• Never seen any, but have employed the trope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only now understand it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
yeah, seeing the ads for the new Batman got me thinking. how many times has Batman been made / remade / retold..

seems like a Hollywood staple, to squeeze out a new Batman every few years or so..
A little while ago I heard an opinion expressed by a critic that the Lego Batman movie is the most mature version to come along. The original in print was super dark. (He didn't mention the serial, which seems to have been trying to take it seriously but was pretty ridiculous.) The '60s TV series was campy, and that upset the true believers. The '80s and '90s movies (Michael Keaton, etc.) moved between serious and campy, but mostly serious. Then things got darker again, and some folks were turned off by that. But with the Lego Batman, this critic opined, the Dark Knight fans have something that lets them laugh at themselves while the flat-out camp fans like it too. That seems like an interesting notion. I haven't seen it.

The LEGO Batman movie is good. It is campy in it's own way and also overly serious internally. If you're a Batman fan who can laugh it's worth a watch. The 90s animated series is my favorite, but that's likely a product of my age.

says the man with Freakazoid for a profile pic.

Not Freakazoid. There are similarities. It's an engineer character from the Rocketmen CCG from the early 2000's. About the same time I joined TRF. It was by the same company that did the much more popular Pirates of the Spanish Main CCG

My mistake. I stand corrected and bow in supplication, hoping - not asking but merely hoping - for your forgiveness.
No worries! My avatar is obscure! But let's tune back in to our Bat-Channel for more Bat-Fun

Back