Wal mar launchables X Fliers set

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LtSharpe

Reaction score
It's a launchables that includes two small rockets that are perfect for a8's or b's They each have plastic fins and go together really easily although if you aren't careful you will misalign either the preprinted graphics on the tube or the dual launch lugs if you don't pay attention. I actually had one 'creep' after I set it aside and fortunately caught it before the lugs were too far out of alignment and frozen. At any rate they are very nice little A burners etc. Real cute.
x.jpg

One of my kids had that set in his stocking from santa. We put it together one night and launched it the next day. I used a adapter I made from a hollowed out c6-5 and shot them on a3-4t motors. I used no chute or streamer and they came down pretty fast but no damage, next time I will use streamers. Pretty tough little rockets for the price.

Originally posted by JSvolfan
Pretty tough little rockets for the price.
Except the shock cord attachment is junk! Do yourself a favor
and install a trifold anchor now.

I'd really like to meet the designer of that plastic slot-n-cap mount. Just
so I could ask- "what in the world were you thinking?!?!?"

Well I launched one of them 6 times and no damage to the shock cord yet. The other one only got one launch because I lost it. Later in the day I went back out and found the bugger. I use streamers almost exclusively now and had I not done so on these as well I probably would have lost them.

Well, here's one way you can rebuild after loosing the top portion
due to the shock mount giving way... ;)

The NC and transition were made from 'Shaker Pegs' found in the
arts-n-crafts section of Wally World.

Back