Virtual Rocket Contest 8!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PunkRocketScience

Reaction score
Hey gang!

Nick has the new contest posted! Here's the link:

https://www.rocketreviews.com/virtual_contest8.shtml

And here's a clip from the page:

In March of 2003, Essence's Model Rocketry Reviews (EMRR) introduced the idea of "Virtual" Rocket Contests. After 7 contests, we are impressed with the participation and fun they have been. To celebrate and have some more fun, we are introducing this "Virtual" Rocket Contest: "Virtual" Reunion.

The contest is geared for any one, but we are hoping to get all 46 individuals that have participated in "Virtual" Rocket Contests previously. Please help me do that and while you're at it, invite someone new.

Alright! 3 entires in already with another 3 contestants committed to enter! Let's show Nick how much we appreciate these contests by getting everyone involved!

It would be nice if there was a way to enter from the website! Where is the submit entry button? Kind of makes one wonder how the first six people entered the contest.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

At announcement time, there was no link and no prize offerings. I think both are being updated. Personally, I figured if there were 40+ potential entries, the early bird bonus could actually be significant this time, so I just emailed mine in through the "submit" links on the review submission page.

--Chan Stevens

Originally posted by teflonrocketry1
It would be nice if there was a way to enter from the website! Where is the submit entry button? Kind of makes one wonder how the first six people entered the contest.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Fixed. Sorry.

Dang! After reading that we're supposed to show off what we;ve learned, I clipped a set of 8 of my soon-to-be-patented negative drag fins onto the same basic rocket I used in the first virtual contest, and was getting roughly 10,500 feet altitudes and 55k ft/sec max velocity. Having to use more reality-based fins, I've barely broken 1600 ft/sec.

With reality-based fins, and only about an hour invested in the design, I've now dropped my aspirations from top 3 to top 20...

--Chan "not to be confused with Sir Isaac" Stevens

Back