• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Vintage rocket kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbeggs

Reaction score
I am selling off a few of my vintage rocket kits on Ebay but just wanted to get the word out that they are available. They currently include the following:

Estes Saturn 1B Kit#2048 - New in package
Estes Saturn V Kit #2001 - Unsealed but all items are new and parts packages are still sealed.
Estes Super Vega Kit #2036 - New in package

I will be listing a variety of V-2's soon. They include the following:

Apogee Micro V-2 - New in package
Estes 2.6" V-2 - I think it is kit #1926 - New in package
Mountainside Hobbies 2.6" V-2 - New in package

and a few others. Just not sure what is in the box that I need to pull out of storage.

I am selling them because I could use the extra money for other hobbies and I also have plenty of rockets.

As an inexperienced rocketeer, I was wondering if you might identify for us which are lower power rockets, and which would be medium or high power. And any indication of the level/size motor/engine required for them?

Hey Bill,
NCR would take the Mountainside Hobbies V2 - great raffle prize! Let me know when you've un-mothballed the boxes.

Joe,

I was looking to sell all of these kits but let me see what else I can dig up to offer at the meeting in January. If the Mountainside one doesn't sell then I will think about sending it up to you.

Sorry for the slow response. All of the kits are low power as none of them have a motor mount larger than 24mm. You can fly some 24mm "F" motors in them depending on how they are built. The Mountainside Hobbies V-2 is one that comes to mind for this.

Woops, almost forgot. The Saturn V is also a low power kit but a version I built included 5 24mm motor mounts which can put it in the low G range depending on your motor choices.

Back