Video Cameras and Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Boostervision line appears to be a convenient set up for the novice to vidrock (like me).

Just an update - seems I purchased the very last Multipod...!

Octave is no longer producing or selling them, apparently. I called to order a couple more and was told there was one left..which is now on its way to me.

I've left a message for one of the sales managers to find out if they will be produced again or if the product line is going to be sold to someone else. I'll post whatever I find out.

Barry

Originally posted by dbarrym

Noooo!!!

:)

Use it well, Barry!

I'm sure upgraded devices will be coming out soon.

Noooooooooooooo! I hope if my parents were going to get me one they already got it. I really want one of those. I too hope that an equivalent product will come out soon.
Reed

Octave is no longer producing or selling them, apparently. I called to order a couple more and was told there was one left..which is now on its way to me.

I've left a message for one of the sales managers to find out if they will be produced again or if the product line is going to be sold to someone else. I'll post whatever I find out.

Barry

The camera is sold under the Verbatim Store'n Go name in UK and Europe.

Octave was just the US importer.

Hmm...a Google search comes up only with a Verbatim USB memory stick. But I did find a couple of other potentially useful devices from Philips and some pricey combo MP3 players/cameras.....

Do you have a link for the Euro-spec Verbatim product that the multipod was based on?

Thanks -

Barry

Glad to see this thread active again...

I borrowed from the clay brothers "Vidrock #3" to create my own "VIDROCK" We're also using the "BoosterVision" system.

Clay Brothers on the left... Mine on the right.

Hmm...a Google search comes up only with a Verbatim USB memory stick. But I did find a couple of other potentially useful devices from Philips and some pricey combo MP3 players/cameras.....

Do you have a link for the Euro-spec Verbatim product that the multipod was based on?

Thanks -

Barry

Sorry, should've told you to add "5-in-1" to the search.

You can get it for from 40-50 pounds at the UK stores, and from 40-60 euro from German stores.

You can also get the Sahara eDVR 5-in-1 from Sybaritic in South Africa. for R413.00 whatever monetary unit that is.

I believe the unit is made by Sunsway Ltd. in Hong Kong.

Thanks -

Barry

here's more info, from an Australian reviewer:
Dan's Data
It confirms what I was suspicious of, that the sensor in the unit is not really 640x480, but it is being up-converted. No matter, it still looks really good.

Just saw a TV ad for this $100 USB HelmetCam unit, might be of use, see here .

Even includes a software app that allows you do editing, SFX, and soundtrack dubbing. Memory size is a bit small for long flights, though.

Barry

Back