Upscale Orion starfighter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim. you do you just don't know it LOL (don't tell Michelle I said that LOL)

If i spend another dollar on rocketry before I book our 25th anniversary vacation, I will loose my manhood at the hands of my wife, if you catch my drift.

Yeah me too..... (lotto)

I am not sure. I have some stuff I have to do with the family. Nov ROCSTOCK is my favorite. so I am going to try

I hear you on the family time, I just got back from a long work trip in Ft Worth, TX so I may only hit one day at Lucerne. FWIW the wind has been howling here in the high desert for the last couple of days, not sure what the forecast is... :confused2:

put in my order...and my SI is third on the build pile, behind a scratch built tootsie roll bank rocket and my extreme wildman...might have to rethink second as I can't fly it until spring.

Cool projects!

...and why am I not surprised that Mark is an instigator?!

-Kevin

Okay, these kits are a GO!!!!!!! I will be sending out invoices to the ones that have emailed me and will be excepting orders till Friday Nov 12th Payment must be recieved by Monday Nov 15th. After Monday I will ordering all the parts and having all the laser work done.

Thank you for your support

Last edited:
Cool projects!

-Kevin

Kevin,
Mark knows that I like rockets that are more than just 3 or 4fnc so he did not have to twist my arm very hard to do these kits..:D Keep your eyes open because we have a few other ones up our sleeve.

If i spend another dollar on rocketry before I book our 25th anniversary vacation, I will loose my manhood at the hands of my wife, if you catch my drift.

Ouch that would hurt... Better not do it then. LOL

I hear you on the family time, I just got back from a long work trip in Ft Worth, TX so I may only hit one day at Lucerne. FWIW the wind has been howling here in the high desert for the last couple of days, not sure what the forecast is... :confused2:

the weather is looking fair but that could change. Money is still tight, but that never stopped me before..

Cool projects!

-Kevin

:confused2: What are you trying to say?

Kevin,
Mark knows that I like rockets that are more than just 3 or 4fnc so he did not have to twist my arm very hard to do these kits..:D Keep your eyes open because we have a few other ones up our sleeve.

Presto! oooh looks like I got the wrong hat.. :D

[youtube]kRW7pITY5Cg&[/youtube]

Man, I was going to fix mine up...I'd much rather upscale. :eek:

Why does fundage have to be tight? :(

DSC_2532.jpg

Okay, these kits are a GO!!!!!!! I will be sending out invoices to the ones that have emailed me and will be excepting orders till Friday Nov 12th Payment must be recieved by Monday Nov 15th. After Monday I will ordering all the parts and having all the laser work done.

Thank you for your support

Okay e-mail sent confirming my commitment for a kit! :)

And yes, Mark, I edited the thread to correct your miss-spelling...:roll: was wondering what a stargifhter was...:p

I would say "Will I ever live that down" but hey it was well worth it.. To bad my wife didn't just lock the door and keep her for the trip home... :D

If you ordered the kit Shoot me an E-mail and I will invoice the decal set and get them going so they are in your hands when you get the kits!! :cheers:

Okay we have been asked if we would offer a single deployment model. We can do a single deployment version for those that are interested. The big changes is that the upper body tube will a lot shorter to allow more space in the booster section for recover items. If you are interested in one of these drop me a email at [email protected] for pricing. ording time frame will be the same as the dual deployment version.

Thank you for your support.

Since I'll be needing some vinyl from you soon....I plead the fifth!

-Kevin

It's all good Kevin... I have a feeling I will be associated with Kari in the rocketry community for quite a while. I can live with that LOL

Just a reminder. get in on the Kits fast. they are going to be WAY COOL!

Thanks to those who are in on them already!

I have a feeling I will be associated with Kari in the rocketry community for quite a while.

I'm failing to find a downside to that....

Just a reminder. get in on the Kits fast. they are going to be WAY COOL!

Indeed, they are! Not an option for me, though, at least not at this time.

-Kevin

Time is running out. We will be taking orders till Monday Nov. 15th, so don't miss out on getting one of these great kits.

Scott, when do you expect to be shipping these out?

We are shooting for 2 weeks or less from Friday the 19th. I have already started rounding up parts so I can get these bad boys out as fast I can. The main hold up will be the parts from the laser cutter.

Last edited:
Ok these are Crappy pictures.. but I figured I share them here is the FIRST set of Starfighter's I have made..

Thought everyone would like a quick look...

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Ok these are Crappy pictures.. but I figured I share them here is the FIRST set of Starfighter's I have made..

Wow they are sweet. I hate to see how big these are going to be for my 4" dia ones.

4" will be HUGE... oh those pics dont do the decal justice. you can barely see the red in the pictures.. I promise they look WAY better in person..

Those look sweet, Mark! Collecting my pennies to get a set for my rocket - and for a set of DSL, DS and one other 'special' sticker for the car..hehehehe...Now,where was I? Oh yeah, 1, 2, 3....:neener:

Thank you everyone that ordered. Information was sent to the laser cutter this morning. I should have everything to start putting these things together by the end of week or early next week. I will keep you updated on the progress.

Again thank you for your support.

Update, All the parts are finally here. I will start putting these kits together Monday morning and hope to have them ready for shipping on friday/monday at the latest.

Latest posts

Back