Upscale Orion starfighter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickershock23

Reaction score
So how many remember this AWESOME Estes Rocket?

Well it looks like Kand S rockets and Stickershock are going to team up and offer a 2.6" version of this Classic Exotic Kit in a limited run..

Is there anyone out there that might be interested?

Check out the attachment.

This would be a 38mm duel deploy upscale with FULL COLOR decals (available separately so we can customize them to your needs!)

orion preview.jpg

SWMBO says that I cannot buy any motors larger than the one I have. Since I currently have a 29mm 3-grain casing, and a 6XL-grain casing is the same size....

Do you think I could get it with a 29mm long MMT?

How much will it cost??

Looks sweet!!

G.D.

So how many remember this AWESOME Estes Rocket?

Well it looks like Kand S rockets and Stickershock are going to team up and offer a 2.6" version of this Classic Exotic Kit in a limited run..

Is there anyone out there that might be interested?

Check out the attachment.

This would be a 38mm duel deploy upscale with FULL COLOR decals (available separately so we can customize them to your needs!)

Why not also the Torellian Invader (since you've got it's decals on the same sheet!)? You could vacuform the nose cone bulges!

Why not also the Torellian Invader (since you've got it's decals on the same sheet!)? You could vacuform the nose cone bulges!
Manly because I am not interested in making the nose cone and to out source a small number is just not worth the price they would be.

SWMBO says that I cannot buy any motors larger than the one I have. Since I currently have a 29mm 3-grain casing, and a 6XL-grain casing is the same size....

Do you think I could get it with a 29mm long MMT?

How much will it cost??

Looks sweet!!

G.D.

You can use a 29 to 38 adapter.

K and S Rockets is doing a onetime run of the Orion Starfighter. This kit will be 2.64” dia with a 38mm motor mount and be dual deployment. The price on this kit will be $140 plus shipping and will be on a pre paid/ pre order bases only. For use to do these kits we need a minimum of 6 kits to be ordered. So if you are interested please post here.

Here is what is in the kit:
Laser cut Baltic Birch ply fins, Baltic Birch ply centering rings and bulkheads, tubular nylon harnesses, fire blankets and harness protector, 38mm motor mount, heavy duty plastic nose cone, heavy duty cardboard tubes, rail buttons, parts to finish electronics bay (sled, end plates, all thread and fastening hardware), Rocsim file on a cd to work from. Booster tube will be marked for fin slots but you will need to cut out slots.

Decals can be gotten from Mark at stickershock

Thank you for your support.

What Scoot has said it all true. a 29mm to 38 adapter should be fine. I have done it for smaller fields many times.

The nose cone is the biggest deal on the second fighter.. I am sure the price would be way beyond what would keep it a good priced kit. unless we were to run hundreds of them.. But who knows... lets see what happens.

Decals will be available directly from me (not included in the kit) But I will offer them as an ORION set only and at a discount to anyone that gets in on the deal.

Please understand, that decal set is very complex. so they won't be dirt cheap. but they will be well worth the final price!

YES... well, maybe... really shouldn't, but it's cool... nah, can't spend the money now.

Aww, screw it.

I'M IN!!!

Ditto..I think...Ummm, better not..

Heck with it! Count me in Scott! :)

Hmmmmm... Interesting. Too bad I'm so dang poor....

On the Orion NC, what about making it like a kit. You provide the pieces, we put it together, although a way to do so would have to be figured out....

I`m thinking if one was so inclined to do so ,was to use styrene sheet(1/16) and cut out the provided shapes (looks pretty easy) glue/weld w/tenax 7 together then cut the radius for the BT ,epoxy into place ,apply decals and Bob`s your uncle ;)

The torellian invader could prove to be more difficult ,although split and shaped nosecones could be used.Of cource things would be easier if the cone was made of styrene.
Prett cool kit/kits none the less.The SWAT /Sat.Interceptor I bought is a very cool kit also.

Paul

Last edited:
Okay here is a option for the Torellian Invader. I can kit one up but you will just get a regular nose cone. If you want to mod the nose cone to look like the original one that will be up to you.

The kits are $140 each or if you buy them as a pair I will do them for $250.

Okay for all that are interested. Send me a email to [email protected] including your mailing address and email address to invoice you through paypal. I am going to be taking orders till Nov 12th. Payment must be recieved by Nov 15th. If we recieve atleast 6 orders by friday we will kit these, at that time I will send out invoices for payment.

Shipping will be $17 for a single kit and $21 for a pair in the USA. All overseas orders please contact me for shipping charges.

Thanks you for your support.

Ok guys the Orion and Torellian are both up on my website.

They are HUGE decals. even the 2.6" set is 2 square feet of decal FOR EACH ROCKET! they will be 3 colors. so thats a TON of vinyl.

the 2.6" set is going for $39.00 (each rocket) or $75 if you buy the pair. (both rockets)

BUT if you get in on the K and S kit. contact me directly ([email protected]) tell me you want in on the K and S deal and I will do them for $30.00 each or $55.00 for the pair plus shipping. thats 25% off the already discounted price!

So better place an order while you can.

Also hang in there a day or so we may be able to add the nosecone for the Torellian Invader.. (or at least the bumps so you can make the nose cone.)

Starfighter combo

I remember them but it's a bad memory. The starfighter fell from off of the top of a hutch onto the bowsprit of my Revell Thermopolae, ripping all the backstays from the fore and main masts.

I'll have to pass. I'd have to pass on much of anything over $25. It is very cool looking, though.

In for a dime, in for a dollar. Can't have one without the other?

In for both! E-mail sent.

Cheers,
- Ken

looks like we got a few interested. Just a few more and this COOL as HECK run of rockets will go!

Get them while you can.

Mark,
I got all the fins drawn up for both kits and are ready to go to the laser cutters. I also got the canopies drawn up. Now all we need is a few more orders and these bad boys will be a go.

This will give you a little bit of how big these kits are. The fins and the ebay bulkheads for the Orion Starfighter take up one 12" x 24" sheet of plywood with very little waste and the Torellian Invader takes up one 12" x 12".

DUDE! - Slow down already, I haven't even finished the last two kits I bought from you... I am so in on this, email coming you way this evening.... :D

No apologies required. These two rockets are both in my top 10 favorites of all time so this is a great deal for me. I am also stoked that Mark has this decal set available since I've got much bigger versions worked up on the planning board. My only problem now is winning the lotto so I can quit my job and build rockets full time... :rolleyes:

Mark - Are you coming down to ROCstock this weekend?

No apologies required. These two rockets are both in my top 10 favorites of all time so this is a great deal for me. I am also stoked that Mark has this decal set available since I've got much bigger versions worked up on the planning board. My only problem now is winning the lotto so I can quit my job and build rockets full time... :rolleyes:

Mark - Are you coming down to ROCstock this weekend?

Yeah me too..... (lotto)

I am not sure. I have some stuff I have to do with the family. Nov ROCSTOCK is my favorite. so I am going to try

Latest posts

Back