Upscale kit ideas

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about the Estes Solar Warrior #3225?
1686168412731.png

@Flyfalcons built a 4" upscale and it was pretty impressive: https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/estes-solar-warrior-3225-4-upscale.140366/

I love this rocket.

[standard disclaimer: I don't do HPR so I am not a potential customer, unfortunately]

How about a 4" dia 54mm motor mount and dual deployment?
How much interest is there in a Estes Citation Patriot upscale in 4" dia with 54mm motor mount and dual deployment. If there is enough interest I will put this to the top of the list and would have some ready by early next week.

s-l300.jpg

I really like the Citation Patriot, but I'm an L1 and will probably stay L1 for this year at least.. hence my desire for a 38mm motor.

Although, I do need something to build for the time being...

I really like the Citation Patriot, but I'm an L1 and will probably stay L1 for this year at least.. hence my desire for a 38mm motor.

Although, I do need something to build for the time being...
The 4" version would fly on I motors and you can adapt down to 38mm from a 54mm. Most of my rockets are 54mm motor mounts but I fly 38mm in them.

How about my upscaled Talon? It was originally an BT-55 tubed rocket, I upscaled one to BT-80, no reason it couldn't be upscaled again to whatever... Its currently set up for 29mm motors. I could send a Rocksim file if you'd like to fool around with it.

1686393845252.png

Upscaled one vs the original... The upscale needed the blue fin tip reinforcing parts due to my error in orienting the plywood fin grain, but they are probably a good idea anyways to stiffen up the fin tips.

View attachment 1686393964099.jpeg

Looking for some ideas of upscaled kits you would like to see. I got a couple in works but always looking for ideas of what people are interested in.

Wonder what kit these go to?
View attachment 507711
I would like to see the Flight Systems Viking line upscaled, might be an easier build than most upscales. Almost anything from Centuri would be great, especially the LaserX.

Latest posts

Back