3" The black hole space probe upscale kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonRocketry

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I got a couple of the 3" The black hole space probe upscale kits available.

3” dia, 77.7” tall, 54mm motor mount, dual deployment. This kit includes decals. All you need to finish this kit is your recovery system, electronics and an aero pack retainer.

Weight 98oz

Recommended chute DR-8 or DR-H60

296898752_8611836125496987_1087450472652029742_n.jpg

This will be the last run of this kit. I have 2 in stock and enough parts for one more and that is it. So if you want one do not wait as there will not be a next time.

There is only one of these left. I will not be doing any more of these.

I've been stuck on how to mount the shock cord. Usually I put an eye bolt in the upper centering ring, but with the 54mm motor mount in a 3" tube, there isn't a lot of ring to attach to. How did you attach the nylon strap on yours?

I've been stuck on how to mount the shock cord. Usually I put an eye bolt in the upper centering ring, but with the 54mm motor mount in a 3" tube, there isn't a lot of ring to attach to. How did you attach the nylon strap on yours?
There should have been a piece of Kevlar cord that gets epoxied to the motor mount.

I assume the one I got yesterday along with the Fat Boy XL was that last one. Surprised it lasted so long.

Regardless, I've got an I170G soda can motor with this rocket's name on it.

I assume the one I got yesterday along with the Fat Boy XL was that last one. Surprised it lasted so long.

Regardless, I've got an I170G soda can motor with this rocket's name on it.
Yup you got the last one. This kit is cool but a pain in the but to kit. Time to make room for something new.

Back