• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Two 6 inch nosecones

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3stoogesrocketry

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Both sold

The first cone ( black ) came off my old smoking rockets mission impossible . It is a PML fiberglass nosecone . The bulkhead is glued in about 4 inches into the cone . flown twice.
The second cone ( white ) is a heavier duty fiberglass cone . I believe it is a pml cone . The shoulder is phenolic with a 4 inch inner tube with rings to beef it up . Has flown on seven full L / midrange m motor .
I am looking to get $60 per cone ( obo ) plus shipping costs . PML lists the cone at 105 plus shipping new .

IMG_20160327_201436.jpg

IMG_20160327_201509.jpg

IMG_20160327_201521.jpg

Last edited:
Something I have found when trying to figure shipping costs. When you take your package to the Post Office to mail it, it will ALWAYS cost less
than printing a shipping label online. I always pay LESS when I take my package to the post office myself and mail it instead of printing out a shipping label online. The online calculator will tell you the cost is $25 when it's really only $14.95, IF you take it to the post office YOURSELF. I just mailed a package (Priority Mail)
with 2 rockets and it was 12x12x36 and it shipped for $14.95 and it weighed 12 lbs. You will pay extra for the online convenience.

Something I have found when trying to figure shipping costs. When you take your package to the Post Office to mail it, it will ALWAYS cost less
than printing a shipping label online. I always pay LESS when I take my package to the post office myself and mail it instead of printing out a shipping label online. The online calculator will tell you the cost is $25 when it's really only $14.95, IF you take it to the post office YOURSELF. I just mailed a package (Priority Mail)
with 2 rockets and it was 12x12x36 and it shipped for $14.95 and it weighed 12 lbs. You will pay extra for the online convenience.

USPS recently made changes to their online pricing. There is no longer any discounting by purchasing online. Also I believe in some cases they have removed the First Class Parcel option online. So in the case above, you may be comparing Priority (online) with First Class Parcel (at post office).

I just sent out a 6 inch triangle box 12 inches long that weighed around 3 pounds . From ups , the main processing plant in my area of Vermont it cost $15 and change to go to WI. The online calculator was only off maybe one dollar. I guessed 25 because I don't have a final shipped weight . Like others have said it maybe less , it maybe more. Almost every time I send something out , a portion of shipping is always covered by me and comes out of my sale price .

WOw $25 for a 8x8x36 box ??

Sogold I'm not singling you out . Attached is a copy of my last shipment I sent out. The box was measured as a 8x8x10 (it was a triangle 6 inch tall box , he measured the flats) and weighed 2 pounds. While I do appreciate the bumps on my for sale post , you guys are killing me . I don't set the rates at The UPS Store. I have also never had a package destroyed or customer complaint. If you have any interest in these cones , please let me know , as I really would like to sell them .

Eric

IMG_20160329_204215.jpg

Sogold I'm not singling you out . Attached is a copy of my last shipment I sent out. The box was measured as a 8x8x10 (it was a triangle 6 inch tall box , he measured the flats) and weighed 2 pounds. While I do appreciate the bumps on my for sale post , you guys are killing me . I don't set the rates at The UPS Store. I have also never had a package destroyed or customer complaint. If you have any interest in these cones , please let me know , as I really would like to sell them .

Eric

I will say UPS stores and the like are more pricey than having an account.
I guess it doesn't matter I'm in. Where do I pay for the 6" black cone?

The USPS online 'Click and Ship' I use always quotes Priority Mail rates, not first class. I did a quote for a 4 lb box with your dimensions from Dallas to Sparks and it came to $13.55 for Retail Ground shipping using the postage price calculator, not the Click and Ship option. I realize this is a bit late to the party, but it took me a bit to figure out the difference between using 'Click and Ship' to do a quote vs. the Postage Price Calculator.

Even stranger is the 'secret' Priority Mail Rate A and Rate B boxes are ONLY available via Click and Ship. While I realize that the nosecone won't fit in those boxes, they are pretty big and a lot cheaper than the regular Priority Mail boxes. You can see the price difference in the second screenshot.

Just FYI,

Tony

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 10.12.17 PM.png

Priority Rate A and B:
Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 12.08.40 AM.png

Last edited:
Back