Tour de Deuce - Revamped!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope this gets moving again. I had SO much fun launching these for New York. Hard to believe that was 6 1/2 years ago. Come on guys, step up to the plate. It's a lot of fun!

I really hope this gets moving again. I had SO much fun launching these for New York. Hard to believe that was 6 1/2 years ago. Come on guys, step up to the plate. It's a lot of fun!

I'll launch for NY, but first I have to get one :D Its on my "to get" list.

I will keep that in mind as we get this thing going again. The models shipped out to New Mexico last week, so thing are officially moving forward. The next launch of the tour will be during NSL next month :)

I will keep that in mind as we get this thing going again. The models shipped out to New Mexico last week, so thing are officially moving forward. The next launch of the tour will be during NSL next month :)

Jim, who is launching for NY?

The Deuces arrived a couple of days ago, in good shape (or, in as good a shape as you can expect considering the miles, flights, and rebuilds they've been through!).

I was looking through some of the memorabilia put into the box by others who have flown the tour, and now that I've gone back and re-read the posts on this thread, there might be some information amongst the memorabilia that will confirm a couple of the states that are in the "might have done -- unconfirmed" category. I'll go back and look through the memorabilia again when I get a chance. There's some really cool stuff amongst the memorabilia... thanks to all of you folks who flew the tour before me. That rattlesnake rattle from Arizona, in the small zip-lock bag, has seen better days, though...

As for where to ship the Deuces after NSL 2010... two volunteers for states that are also on the "to fly" list have posted on this thread: "Peartree" John of Ohio and "MKP" of Utah. Jim, have you received contact information from them? How about the other interested individuals you mentioned in post #31? Do any of those folks have a proposed launch date for 2010?

Jim Basler
NSL 2010 Event Director

P.S. -- My invitation to all of you readers to come out to NSL 2010 to watch the next flight of the Deuces still stands! Online pre-registration is still open and will be until May 15 (hint, hint). :D

Yep, that was an early one (2nd state) and I was there too! That was a lot of fun too. I gotta get back out to NY for a launch some time... :)

You wanna come up to ASTRE? I'm sure they will throw a BBQ for you :D

I'll do RI - Im down in ninigret enough! I know I posted it before, but just to keep it current.

Sadly, we're in the middle of packing everything we own in preparation to move next month. Our lives (and our rockets) are in a box and on hold until later this summer.

Two perfect flights at the National Sport Launch, so New Mexico can be crossed off the list. A great restart to the project and fun to witness. Lets keep it going!

Are you going to NERRF? Or can you get them back to Jim in time to bring them to NERRF? If so I can pick them up and run them over to RI and get that one done.

rick

Are you going to NERRF? Or can you get them back to Jim in time to bring them to NERRF? If so I can pick them up and run them over to RI and get that one done.

rick

When is NERRF? I haven't shipped the Deuces back to Jim Flis yet because we haven't yet had a chance to decide on and add our memento to the shipping box. In order to be sure I get the Deuces shipped back east on time, I need to know what my deadline is.

- Jim Basler

When is NERRF? I haven't shipped the Deuces back to Jim Flis yet because we haven't yet had a chance to decide on and add our memento to the shipping box. In order to be sure I get the Deuces shipped back east on time, I need to know what my deadline is.

- Jim Basler

Oh yeah, I still need to clean the Deuces before shipping them back, as well! :)

- Jim Basler

NERRF is the weekend of June 25. I am one of the sponsors, so if you got the kits back to me I can transport them to the event.

Kewl!

The Deuces are en route. They should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday.

- Jim Basler

It was a cloudy yet windless day today. We drove to Rhode Island and went to Ninigret Park in Charlestown and got permission from the park manager to fly...my B6-4's just made them fall off the rods, but the C6-5's worked just fine. It took us longer to find the souvenir. We had quite a crowd but they were camera-shy!

Anyhow, one more state done :clap:

Where to next?:cheers:

Tour de Duce RI.JPG

Glad to see this project is moving forward again! It's hard to believe how much time has passed since we started and am thankful to have been an early part of the project having participated in a few states myself. :) (Florida, Hawaii, Alabama, California, and N. Carolina!) Best of luck to those that can continue this project and see it through to completion.

Jim, please promise you'll give me a heads up when this thing is close to completion. I'll be sure to drag my buddy Jason up there for a visit and for a grand finale. :)

Glad to see this project is moving forward again! It's hard to believe how much time has passed since we started and am thankful to have been an early part of the project having participated in a few states myself. :) (Florida, Hawaii, Alabama, California, and N. Carolina!) Best of luck to those that can continue this project and see it through to completion.

Jim, please promise you'll give me a heads up when this thing is close to completion. I'll be sure to drag my buddy Jason up there for a visit and for a grand finale. :)

I'm gonna hold you to that, fella! :)

I am spending today getting ready for class tomorrow then preparing for a launch. I will be pinging folks later this week for the next state and an official status (as well as a web update).

jim

If I might humbly suggest -

Once you have finished all the states, we could work on the Canadian provinces. I will volunteer to to British Columbia first, and then we can move Eastward to Alberta, Saskatchewan, etc.

Let me know what you think!

Jim i saw that PA and NJ are still on the un-flown list. I can get NJ at a SOJARS launch and PA in a school yard if you would like.

Jim:

Just tell me where to send them to next...I'll be at CATO saturday and METRA sunday

rick

Jim i saw that PA and NJ are still on the un-flown list. I can get NJ at a SOJARS launch and PA in a school yard if you would like.

They were done, see post #2. Web has not been updated in years.

Oh, Eugene, there won't be any dragging... I'll be there faster than a Tres on D10's.

Back